Best monsters to kill???

Started by TTG, May 24, 2007, 08:53:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TTG

Hello, I've been playing Ultima Online for awhile now, and since I started with all these resits and stuff, I am having a hard time figuring out what monsters to kill.  I can slay lich lords who used to give power/vanquishing items, but as of he new monsters, what would be if I killed day in and day out would yeild some decent items...??? or is this something I have to journey and find?

Ironhand

todd0168

Since you are killing Ancient Lichys ok, have you tried in blood dungeon.  Balrons, blood ellys and some other stuff.  They give decent loot and if they spawn as paragons you have chance at arty or paragon chest which from the two I mentioned will be lvl 6 and there for have an arty as well.

8)

Cearbhalyn

Hey speaking of critters...has the spawn gone down in Ilsh? Both my wife and son were wondering that the other day.. they were trying to find stuff to kill...and were saying that there was a lack of targets. They dont like asking questions too often, so that leaves it up to me :).

Have a good one
I may not agree with you, I may argue and completely disagree with you. However, I will support and fight for your right to state your views and opinions. It is only through the exchange of ideas that learning, and growth are achieved. Arguments and debates are opportunities for growth.

Forest Rithik

Ironhand, have you checked out Homare-Jima in Tokuno by any chance ? You can save up the lesser tokuno artifacts to get the greater ones thus some basically decent items.

With regards to the question of Ilsh and usually more dangerous creatures/ areas

As far as Ilsh is concerned you usually have to venture into the dungeons to catch anything other then sporadic paragons or spawn outside of it. The main non-dungeon Ilsh spawn is usually very slow to respawn (Hill Giants, Evil-Druid Camp) or camped frequently (Like Chaos/ Evil-Drow). There is some things in Ilsh that maybe decent to hunt, though I have no clue as to respawn rates or such, in the swamp south of Humility there is a spawn consisting of the Swamp Octopus (Several of them) and various Gazer types, Central Ilsht area.

The Bar Junche and Ancient Forest Dragon though the Bar Junche is a more or less fixed spawn with regards to area of lurking...the Ancient Forest Dragon can be anywhere from Humility, Lakeshire all the way up to Valour, not sure whether or not it as chased people to those spots or if it is a randomly spawned there.

Anyways, I recommend Chaos, Blood, Honesty Dungeon (all of it, including the Guardians at the bottom) and Rock Dungeon (watch out of 1 - 5 Incarnates in the nearby area outside its entrance) but for anyone not overly aware of their own abilities or unsure of how they might fair against specific types of opponents in these places then go with a friend/s just incase.

Fea

Actually I am the one that complained about the difference in ilsh. I hunted there before and there were tons to kill on the surface (not as much as in the dungeons, but a decent amount). And now there is much less spawn on surface from what I remember. Maybe it's just me .... Though the spawn rate for any I found didn't seem particularily slow. Past that....

If you like killing Liches .... What about trying Wind? Dunno your class/race... but it has alot of Liches.
Tokono is good for getting those artifacts (as rithik said).

There are books in the rune Library that take you to different dungeons and places you can try. Thats the way I found out what to fight. Just pop all over and try it out. But be aware that some places may be a bit more difficult than you planned. :)

Fenfyre- Faerie - Druid/Tamer
Bridget -Dwarven -Gatherer/Swordswoman
Cillian -Dwarven -Craftswoman
Brenna -Elven - Cook/ Brewer

Accalinor Malic

Best places in Tokuno right now is in the snow area and around the fan dancer dungeon...
Watch out for the big groups of rune beetles though they can get tricky at times with about 7-8 of em on you.

As for Ilsh the best places there right now is the undead field by Honor and the dungeons but im not a person to hunt in dungeons I prefer the fresh air... The spawn at places in Ilsh do seem a bit emty recently and there have been less paras around. Last time I hunt in Ilsh I ran into only one para and that was acacia bunny (after it killed fenfyre of course) but its been a bit.

Other than that ive been hunting in despise and felucca recently.
Relagos, Legendary Swordsman
Accalinor Malic, Legendary Mage/Druid
Trifta, Grandmaster Miner
Ragos, Dwarven Master Tailor
Talek Shalill, Pet Socketeer

Mine people will help the people of Sylvan Heart in any way they can.