Cloth/Bandage ratio

Started by Keely Samphire, October 03, 2008, 06:59:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keely Samphire

I've also thought it was a jip to only get one bandage out of a piece of cloth.  I think it should be more like 3 bandages per piece of cloth.  Just an opinion and something to discuss.

Admin Acacia

I believe it works out to 1 yd of cloth = 1 bandie.   Bolt of cloth, 50 yds, 50 bandies.  If you are cutting up shirts or skirts, I know there is item loss, just like if you are smelting down armor.  Never get the 100% back.

Never be less than your dreams.

Crimson

When cutting up clothing there is a tremendous loss. At one time you were able to get up to half of the cloth back that was initially used to make it. (Just like when you smelt ore and fail, you lose half of the ore.) Now when you cut up any piece of clothing you get only 1 piece of cloth in return. I do remember approximately when this change was put into place and I know the reason behind the change as well. But since this change no one has ever brought it up.

The change was made shortly after I believe it was the winter holidays in 2006, may have been 2007 after the new year even. The reason was a clothing dupe found by a few players that was being exploited. Now the dupe has been fixed and you cannot obtain dupes of special colored cloth in the same manner any more. Also I think it had to do some with a few winter holiday spawns, namely Jack Frost, that a staff member inadvertently forgotten to change the loot table for and many were collecting and cutting up the special colored cloth to make new garments in the color.

Yes, I am guilty of it like many others. But at the time those of us who collected the clothing probably only thought it was just special loot since it was, of course, a holiday run instance and this was what I had thought. And we took advantage of it because we knew about cutting the clothing and remaking new clothing.

With all the changes made now to ensure that players cannot exploit clothing dupes and hopefully staff has taken measures to ensure loot tables are properly set up when creating new spawns for us to enjoy maybe it can be readjusted to the way it was before. When I go hunting I always cut up the clothing that I loot for bandies, it saves in gold (not by much but more gold saved the better) and it helps from having to always run and buy bandies to heal my pets as often. If cutting clothing was readjusted back maybe more players would cut up more clothing for bandies rather than leaving it lay on the corpses when they atone them. Just my 2gp. ;D
"Some mornings, it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps."
Emo Philips.

Thane ir'Wyndan

Actually it was Xmas O5 hehe.  Yes I remember it well.   :P

Time is a healer, time is a stealer, time is an angel, time is a devil that burns.
http://s7.bite-fight.us/c.php?uid=91111