VERY IMPORTANT NEWS REGARDING SYLVAN!!

Started by Admin Acacia, June 12, 2008, 06:08:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admin Acacia

I have some very important news for all the residents of Sylvan for our past and for our bright and shining future.

You all know that our chief Skygud of the Machines, Alder, has been doing the most fantastic job on the planet keeping our world turning for the past two years.   I don't think we could have been in much better hands than his. The world turns, lives change, and Alder has found it necessary to relinquish our wonderful world.

Do not fear, my young ones, Sylvan will continue to live on with a new, equally qualified host.  Marlenus, who has played on Sylvan as well as staffed here, and even briefly hosted the server, has once again stepped up offering his services and shard host.  Marlenus has a great machine, and has the skill needed to do a great job.

The switch over will take place by June 22.   More information will be posted here when we get closer to the switch.  It will not be a major issue for most of us, most likely just a change in shard IP addresses, and maybe changing the paths for the shard patches.  We are working behind the scenes to make the switch over as smoothly as we possibly can.

Be watching the forums for more information, which will be posted as soon as we have them.  Thank you for your support and we all look forward to many more years of Sylvan.

To Alder, there is no way to thank you enough for your contribution to Sylvan and her residents.

Never be less than your dreams.

Lamalas Telemnar

I would like to say Thank You to Alder you have kept us with the best uptime of any free shard i have ever played on. Good luck on where lifes journeys may take you.

Crim/Katt/Amari/Imzade

Alder you are well loved and will be sorely missed. May bright sun and soft winds follow you all the days of your life. Be well and safe my friend!

Sincerely,

Crim/Katt/Amari/Imzade

A real friend will tell you when your face is dirty~~sicillian proverb

Cpt_Starfox

Be well Alder, and thank you for keeping such a smooth running shard.  Yes, thank you so much for that.

Admin Acacia

As it stands at this moment, we are making plans to get Sylvan transfered over this coming Friday evening, June 20.  We are still hammering out the final details, but if everything works as it should, we should not be down more than an hour or so. 

We will be posting the new log in information as soon as Marlenus gets the port sorted out.  I will also be posting a more exact time as we have that.  We will be annoucing it, closing off log in to the current Sylvan, making a copy of the latest save, then like magic Marlenus will get us going on his machine.

Please check forums for more information.  Please let any Sylvan player know that we will be changine this Friday.

Never be less than your dreams.

Mina

:'(    *wipes tear from eye at the sadness of losing a great skygud and friend on our loving shard*
    Thanks for everything you have done for us,...

And long live sylvan and Marlenus..our new hero

Deedlit

Although I'm glad and feel secure in Marlenus' capable hands,I'm honestly sad.

I have maybe few but vivid memories of Alder;the way he used to run back home straight from work under heavy rain,without even taking a shower (and ignoring players yelling at him about catching a cold lol,just smiling at it and going "meh"),just because shard went down and he wanted to fix it as soon as possible...or when he popped in my home (along wth an early hired Aesa and a still-in-charge Venorik lol),to convince me in staying on shard,it was a hard time back then for me for many reasons,and I remember I was so moved in seeing even him popping in,even if it was just out of kindness..what can I say....

Even if he was away and not coming in game anymore,knowing he was still running things and watching was sort of reassuring;now,he poofs for real and for ever.I know it's not a goodbye,because he's just taking care of his life,and I honestly wish him the best - and I even know I'm not a close friend or whatever; but (and I say this without the intention of offending Marlenus and his skills in any way) half of myself is still sad,thinking he will not run things anymore.Yeah call me dumb :P

I do really hope life will go smoothly for you Alder,thanks for all the care you put in this shard for us all.

It showed.

And thank you Marlenus,for taking care of us once again :)

In game:

In game no more.Goodbye.

Mirage

Do I get to drive Marlenus  as nuts as I did Aldar?  ;D

Aldar. We lobbers you! And we thank you all you've done for us! Big pounce and lots of love from my end for making Sylvan by far the best server ever! Now Marlenus ..*Wiggles a finger* You got some big boots to fill!

Alaric McCree

Alder, I have played/staffed on several shards and I can honestly say I have never seen a shard's uptime maintained so well. You did an outstanding job and you will be missed. I hope you find what you are seeking in life and hope to see you around once in a while.

Take care my friend.
Sometimes the dragon wins, that's why there is such a shortage of white knights.