Client and Windows 7

Started by Ponch16, November 15, 2009, 06:05:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ponch16

Just got a new system with windows 7 premium 64 bit and when i double click the client to start up NOTHING HAPPENS! anyone use windows 7 yet and know whats going on with this?
If it won't work hit it with a hammer.....If that doesn't work....hit it with a BIGGER hammer... - Pablo Enesow

Ponch16

tried reseting all the compatability settings with no luck so im gonna try to install just the uoML client then gateway and try to change the shards.xl file thing see if that works windows 7 is soo cool but so aggrovating having to learn something new :/
If it won't work hit it with a hammer.....If that doesn't work....hit it with a BIGGER hammer... - Pablo Enesow

Thane ir'Wyndan

Don't you love being the test subject Pablo?   ;D

Time is a healer, time is a stealer, time is an angel, time is a devil that burns.
http://s7.bite-fight.us/c.php?uid=91111

Ponch16

Well i got it going now just gotta see if i can get razor to work

Myrick

Hey man, why don't you post a step by step what you did so other Windows 7 users might benefit.

Ponch16

Got Razor working last night as well. so if you plan on getting 7 all you really have to do is download UO Mondains Legacy change the compatability (right click on the client shortcut) to windows 98 service pack 2 then run the client to update it to about 5.0.5. Now you're ready to mess with uogateway. Change its compatability to windows 98 service pack 2 or xp service pack 2. When you start it youll probably get an error about it not being to do something cause of platform issues, this is okay just keep hitting abort and gateway will start anyways. now just follow the stuff on the trouble shooting link on the sylvan website to change the shards.xl file, if for some reason the uog.rar doesnt show up its because the shards file isnt downloading correctly so you will have to go into the settings tab of uog and download it manually. Finally just follow the steps (long version) of how to connect to sylvan and that should do it! Oh and if u want razor to work just install it and .NET 1.1 and change the compatability settings to xp sp 2.

Ponch16

okay well updating to 5.0.5 is something you may want to avoid......makes everything stop working once u get to about 5.0.4........i know you needed to be at about 5.0.5 so you could see all the features our server has to offer.....so for now some items maybe stuck as unused tiles until i can figure out what patch will clear that up with out breaking itself

Cpt_Starfox

Just a guess, but maybe you have to reset the compatibility mode and "run as admin" thingy after you patch so far. Also, did you do do the compatibility mode and "run as admin" for the regular UO game client or the Sylvan patch client? I believe you need to do it for the Sylvan patch client.

Ponch16

I did it for the regular UO client, for some reason UO will load for other severs after updating but not for sylvan

Cpt_Starfox

Try to do it for the Sylvan patched client file.  You can see the trouble shooting page of the website for info on doing it.

1. Open UOGateway.
2. Click to edit the Sylvan Heart server.
3. You'll see the settings for Sylvan Heart. Under "Server Settings" you'll see "Directory:". That is where the client.exe for SH is stored. Go there and find the client.exe
4. Right click the .exe file and go to properties
5. Click the compatibility tab
6. Check the mode for windows 98/windows Me
7. Click ok
8. Right click the .exe file again
9. Click "Run as..."
10. Check to "Run as the following user"
11. Select the administrator and put in the password if there is one
12. Click ok

( http://www.sylvandreams.co.uk/index.php?p=20 )

Ponch16

Yeah ive done all of it already like 5 times.....it just wont work