Sheath Slots

Started by magdelen11235, January 19, 2008, 03:31:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

magdelen11235

So, I would assume that many of the warriors, battle mages etc. have more than one weapon in their inventory at a time. Well, what if their were sheath slots on your paperdoll so that you, for example have a character wielding a pair of daisho with a No-Dachi or Bow on his back. Maybe have a longsword on either side of the hip? For roguish characters, they could possibly have a dagger strapped on their boot. Also make the instruments wieldable. So in other words the structure might be:

Back - Large Two Handed weapons and Spears
Legs - Small Fencing weapons
Hips - Small-Medium Sized weapons

EDIT:  wow guys. I really didn't write that post very clearly. I meant something purely aesthetic. Like lets say your character is uses a daisho and a mace. You can put them both on your paper doll so it looks cool. such as this:

http://www.gamebanshee.com/oblivion/classes/images/battlemage.jpg

Or any other kind of combination. Its not for any sort of functionality or replacing macros. It more for just making your character look more interesting.

Elanora

If this idea were possible, it would be great! I know that on other characters, swapping weapons per a situation can be difficult even when it goes smoothly, and I know I have gotten a grey screen before when it hasn't been so effective. :) I like this idea a lot, and if it is possible, I would support it. :)

Cidran Falastion

Im not sure if this is something you might be interested in, but we do have a double click - equip script in place. If you double click on a weapon it will automatically equip it and put the last weapon in your main backpack.

"In the end we will conserve only what we love; we will love only what we understand; and we will understand only what we have been taught."

Baba Dioum

Aesa

Except for daggers.. it just asks what you wanna carve.

Silverglade

I use this all the time in combination with my "last object"  macro. It really helps being able to switch between the two weps for various situations, or just to pop in a quick "mortal".

Your talents are your gift from God, how you use them is your gift to Him.

Wetter

Ive tried this but it doesnt work for me. I usually carry an axe but if I try and double click for example a lizard claw it wont equipt the weapon it just moves it in my pack. I have to actually remove the axe from the charaters hands and replace it with a weapon of choice.

Oracken Ranar

Cpt_Starfox

Going from a two hand weapon to a one-hand weapon doesn't work so well with the double click method (perhaps because of double wielding when using one-hand weapons... like shield and weapon... or weapon and lamp... etc).  However, the way I do it, I have a macro to disarm my two hand weapon and I then quickly double click the one-hand weapon.  I do know this method can be deadly if you do not double click fast enough... I do believe I've died that way enough hehe.  My alternative has been to try to find two-hand weapons with the specials I want to use.

However... would indeed be nice if the double click script worked for two-hand to one-hand weapon switches. hehe  :)

Rocks Silivan

I think you can use razor to setup a macro to disarm and then rearm a certain weapon. Not sure if it works here but I used it a long time ago.