Running UO on a Windows Emulator?

Started by Aderyn, June 13, 2007, 06:50:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aderyn

Hi, this may be an odd question, but I have some friends who are interested in trying UO, but are Mac users. However, most newer Macs come with an emulator that will allow you to play Windows games. I know at a previous shard I played on, it could be played using a Windows emulator, but that shard had its own custom launch program that you downloaded rather than using UOConnect or UOGateway. The setup here is different. Does anyone know if UOGateway would work on an emulator?

I'm reasonably sure they could play on OSI this way if they really wanted, but that would be much less fun :)

Jager

I am not sure, but if they can play on osi they should be able to play here. they may have to mod the auctual game files tho. i.e. not use gateway/connUO but instead modify the game files themselves.  I would advise trying gateway/connUO first of course.

Jager

Aerune

If it's an Intel based Mac you can either use Apple's Boot Camp which will allow a Windows partition to be installed or you can use Parallels which puts Windows in a virtual machine.