Voting

Started by Myrick, April 30, 2009, 04:36:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Myrick

OK, we are doing absolutely terrible as a shard at voting. We currently only have 230 votes in a 30 day period. That is around 7.6 votes a day on average. I know everyone is busy and forgetful like myself, but we should easily be able to average around 15 votes a day as a shard. Here are some tips and tricks to remember to help us vote. Going to the library? Hop on one of their computers and vote. Going to a fast food place? Many now have wifi, vote from there with a laptop. If your work permits it, vote from there. If you have friends who don't play and aren't interested, talk to them and see if they'll still take a sec and vote for us. Remember to wait 12 hours between votes. You should be able to vote about 3 times every 2 days with no real trouble. C'mon now Sylvanites, Lets see what we are made of for the month of May!!!!

Thane ir'Wyndan

Remember that more votes brings us more new friends to share our wonderful home.  Voting is love!

Time is a healer, time is a stealer, time is an angel, time is a devil that burns.
http://s7.bite-fight.us/c.php?uid=91111

Shadhahvar

oh, ;D New freinds goingot knock on everyones door to use there computer.
Unicorns are the most beautiful creature

Crimson

One thing that we could consider is placing a voting stone somewhere in/near the meadow. I'm sure there are some players who rarely come to the forums, even though they should at least try to check them daily. If those who don't check our forums often we have less people clicking the voting link. If there was a voting stone available in game we might get more votes. I know a voting stone might seem tacky to some, but if it gets us more votes why not give it a try. At least maybe on a trial basis. If we get more votes with the stone we could consider keeping it or if voting stays about the same then we ditch the idea. Just my 2gp.
"Some mornings, it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps."
Emo Philips.

Admin Acacia

I have been told that those voting stones are against the Extreme Top 100 rules.  I'll have to do some checking.

Never be less than your dreams.

Abbadon

Hmm I believe ABCUO has a voting link during their world saves and theyre also on the same voting site so perhaps a possiblity?

GM Feenix

The count has been reset lets try to stay on top of this. Remember 1 vote every 12 hours.

It's not who's at the top that matters. Only the path you chose to get there.