Hiding > 100?

Started by todd0168, December 01, 2006, 10:24:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

todd0168

I decided to put hiding on one of my characters and, after a day or two, I hit 100 and stopped.  So I figured that 100 was the cap on hiding.  Then, last night, whilst playing a glorious game of painball, I noticed that I had gained .1 on hiding.  Didn't really think anything of it at the time, and after the game was over and all was put back to normal, I noticed that I was now at 100.2 hiding.  I tried running my hiding macro at this point for a while and could not get it to gain another .1, and when I asked how to effectively gain to 120, I got several responses that they had several characters with 100 hiding and not a .1 more.  So after discussion, we thought that maybe while playing painball my hiding had been lowered to 80 and due to this was able to gain .2 as I had it marked up.  I have no idea.  If anyone with any ideas could provide their comments and suggestions, that would be nice.  Also, if any staff want to look into this on my character specifically, the character is Tifanele.

Thanks for listening.

8)

Admin Acacia

All skills here can theoretically go to 120.  The thing with hiding is that at 100 skill you hide 100% of the time so there is no challenge to cause skill gains.     The reason you gained in paintball is sort of like having a "mage weapon".  It lowered your hiding skill alowing you to get gains.

Never be less than your dreams.

Valius

Put the other 20 into something useful - like trying to get tracking upto 40 :)

Just me, that IS useful :)