Argh, Super duper free time is hazardous::

Started by TTG, May 31, 2007, 04:14:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TTG

Hello,

Welp, I went to bed last night, right as I got my 10th minor artifact, and since I can't log in, I busted out uo.stratics.com and trying to fine print all of the cumalative stat/skill/damage caps.

I want to share what I found, and hopefully get some feedback from the "Gods."

1. Damage Increase = 100% Max.
    A. So If i have gloves at say 50%, my bow at 50%.. would that take care of all items?  Or is that 100% included in the anatomy bonus, as well as all other possible bonuses? Here's my setup now and I was wondering if I am overdoing it:

Consecrete Weapon (doesn't influence), Enemy of One (doesn't influence), Hanzo's Bow (50%), Anatomy (30%), tactics (50%?), Evil Omen (+25% damage - 1 touch), Corpse Skin (Lowers fire/poison resist), Discordance (up to negative ~30 resists on monster), ; feel like I'm forgetting one bonus but don't know.

edit*** brain fart is over:  Ninjitsu Ki attack + Bushido momentum strike + Weapon skill attack + Honor Shrine ( i honor myself +100% damage) + uno mas and I can't remeber now that I'm here :(

2.  Enhance Potion (50% max) - So cumulative items shouldn't be over 50% right? 30% ring + 20% bracelet?

3. Swing speed increase (85% Max).  Say I have a bow with 25 speed (hanzo),   I'd need about 40% increase, with 200 stamina for close to max speed yes?

4. Reflect physical damage (max is 105).. So if I have 150 hps, a dragon hits me for 150 damage, it's going to do 150 back, at the expense of my death.  Hmm, too bad we couldn't equipt our pets or hired help with this kind of armor :) Die, Rez, loot, heal, REPEAT to kill any monster in the game?

5.  Defense chance = 45%  So does this stack on top... oh that's the word.

Just curious what stacks.. if this question is too much involved in terms of research, please pass it up, as I will not be offended, and am more than willing to narrow down the problem over time and through experiement, figure it all out.  Game is for fun, not a job where I expect all the answers.

I am just trying to get my character to the best I can.  I am still thinking about that 100 bucks for 1500 skill points, but that's only like 2.5 skills.  Taming, Lore... and no vet or magery.. or music provoke... ninjitsu, hiding and stealth?  almost impossible to really get a good add with just 300 more points.  My opinion though.

Ironhand    (keeping it interesting hopefully)

Forest Rithik

1) Yes if you have two items with 50% Damage Increase then yes you will have you 100% DI. Damage Increase on items is different then skill based Damage Increase, though both skill and Item base DI count towards your overall Damage Increase cap (I think its 378%, of which a maximum of 100/378 can be from items).

Tactics Skill based DI =

% of Base Damage that is Dealt= Tactics + 50

So basically:

Tactics     % of Base Damage Dealt
10    60%
20    70%
30    80%
40    90%
50    100%
60    110%
70    120%
80    130%
90    140%
100    150%

But enough of all this babble: Here are the equations:

FORMULAS:
Tactics Damage Bonus% = Tactics ÷ 1.6 (Add 6.25% if Tactics >= 100)
Anatomy Damage Bonus% = (Anatomy ÷ 2) + 5
Lumberjack Damage Bonus% = Lumberjack ÷ 5 (Add 10% if Lumberjacking >= 100)
Strength Damage Bonus% = Strength * 0.3 (Add 5% if Strength >= 100)

Final Damage Bonus% = Tactics Bonus + Anatomy Bonus + Lumber Bonus + Strangth Bonus + Damage Increase Items*
Final Damage = Base Damage + (Base Damage * Final Damage Bonus%)

* Item based Damage Increase is capped at 100%.

Your likely forgetting slayer property, but since you using Hanzo bow then I guess not. Or more likely Devine Fury or one of the Ninja moves like Focus Attack (Assuming you have Ninjitsu, as your using Hanzo Bow).

I'm not Math capable so just be wary of my numbers.

Also pulling off that combo is going to be very very difficult after a little while, unless you use all the necromancy moves listed on special occasions or very sparingly. If not then you'll drop really low on Karma and not have the longer durations for your chivalry spells meaning more mana consumption due to having to recast things such as Consecrate weapon every 3 - 5 seconds instead of 10 - 12.

--

I have no idea what the shard cap on Enhance Potions is on here, but you could have 90 EP (way over the cap) but you would only see a benefit from 50% of it lets say (just based on your example) thus 40% of the 90% would be a pointless waste.

----

SSI cap is 60%, as that is if I am not mistaken the fastest the game allows for, Stratics listing as always been wrong, Berserker maul is also wrong as a result. Swing speed can not be more then 1.125 seconds or so.

----

Not entirely accurate on the Reflect Phys property....

Max is 105%, meaning that 105% of the Physical damage type is reflected back, so something like if a Monster does 50% Fire damage and 50% Phys damage and you are hit while you are in an all 70s suite for 100 damage then about 52.5 or so damage would be reflected back at it. Unless you fight an opponent who hits very hard for massive amounts of phys damage you really wont notice this much and since your an archer unless your fighting Hill Giants or Archer monsters thats range attack does Phys damage you wont really benefit from this property at all.

-----

Based on your final part, I gather you don't have Musicianship to go with your Discordance ? that is a massive NO-NO, if you want to get anywhere with your Discordance you'll want both Discord and Music at 100 - 120, I recommend that you take them to 120 though and use the correct slayer instruments when needed.

I hope this helps in atleast some way

EDIT: To take into account new additions to the OP:

Perfection does not work, or didn't last I knew. I'm pretty sure you can't momentum strike with KI-Strike either.

Defence Chance Increase is capped at 45% and there is NO way to increase this cap at all.

Although some of the stuff in the following link is wrong, it should help to atleast make somethings a little bit clearer I hope.

http://uo.stratics.com/content/arms-armor/combat.php

^ As Calulators

TTG

Hello,

YES!  Thanks for the response.  Funny enough, I've been chain smoking waiting for a response!

Template:  Ironhand:  120 Spirit Speak, 120 Necro, 120 music, 120Archery, 120 tactics, 120 anatomy, 118 healing, 80 chivalry, 90 discord (120 soon),(117) resist rest in dunno yet

Right now I go into the Wraith form (mana steal on hit), discord my enemy, enemy of one, and usually do about 99-118 on those Ronin's at the Dojo's.  I could add in a few other bonuses, but no matter what I do, it seems I can't break 150 on them.  (wisp also gives me mana, and if i start with that vengeful spirit, then I don't lose my wisp right away)

Assuming Mana is not an issue, I am trying to see how much damage I can max out on... on say a rabbit(nothing personal Acacia. 

So after reading your post I have came to this conclusion:

1.) Items go to 100% increase CAPPED.  (so that means armor + weapons)
2.) Skills are not related to damage increase items, but do all +bonus damage skills stack on top of each other?
3.) I should find some elite use best weapon skill items, get that 1500 cap, add in parry and bushido/lumber ? or ninjitsu/poisoning (evil omen) etc...?

I know there are a lot of new players, I am hoping my passion for striving the best gives others something to read and learn about.

crap my new dog is biting my toes and won't let me sit here ahhahahhah and type this ouch ok bye later

Forest Rithik

Wraith form can only leach mana from opponents if they have some, once they run out of mana you'll stop leaching off things. Unless offcause your Bow as Mana leech in which case that leech is merely a conversion of the damage you do into mana for you and will continue to be given to you until the creature runs out of health (I.E Dies).

With the exception of the Necromancy stuff the template is fairly similar to Wastenott's.

120 Anatomy
120 Archery
120 Focus
120 Meditation
95 Chivalry
120 Tactics
120 Musicianship
120 Discord
120 Healing
120 Magic Resist

25 levels left over, never used. But was going to be used to take a small amount of Magery for teleporting

Discord, Enemy of One, Devine Fury, and Consecrate Weapon was the usual combo and the standard archer dance (Move backwards and in a semi circle around the target) to avoid most hassles. Standard arrows only used as the others are either too expensive for progressive use or waste in general due to no noticable difference.

I have only ran out of Mana about 3 times to memory and rarely die, the damage I do is reliable and not overly dependent of balancing karma altering/ karma dependent moves :-)

As for working out the best amount of damage you will do at your prime I would use the following link:

http://uo.stratics.com/content/arms-armor/damage.php

Though remember many OSI monsters and Weapons have different values and thus the end result is bound to be better on OSI then on Sylvan. Though you can overcome the weapon one by looking at your weapon of choice's minimum and maximum base values (My Crossbow is 18 - 20 base damage) and use the maximum version of another weapon with the same values OSI Yumi as Base 20 damage, OSI crossbow as a minimum of 18, so after tally:

OSI crossbow does 71 - 87
OSI yumi does        63 - 79

So on Sylvan heart my Crossbow does 71 - 79 base damage before Spell/ Chiv buffs/ Slayer props.

1) Item Base Damage Increase is Damage Increase on Shields, Armour, Weapons and Jewelry, yes capped at 100%

2) Skill based Damage Increase and Spell based Damage Increase, aswell as Slayer Properties are not the same as Item Based DI, though they all stack and count towards a overally Joint (Item-Skill based Damage Increase) Cap, this cap is somewhere between 350% and 380%.

3) No, leave Parry off your archer, leave Bushido off your archer and most deffinately never put Lumberjacking on an archer. Don't waste your times with use best weapon skill bows, if you do manage to find one it is not going to work with a Melee skill as this was considered a potential exploitable factor by the Devs and removed quickly, likewise and archer can't use Best weapon skill melee weapons either.

Kydaer Shol

you guys are really in need of a Slyvan fix *eyes cross at all the math*

TTG

Thanks for the conversation Forest Rithik.

Forest Rithik

*Prods Kyd* I'm on Exile from the game itself, the forums are a different ball game alltogther at the moment, until late next week that is then Online time in general drops as does time around a computer.

Your welcome TTG.

Kydaer Shol

playing runescape myself until someone just killed me haha,,,,,,, now I must be off for a bit and get some work done  ???

Thane ir'Wyndan

Pfft.. no exiles here.  And no excuses, never give up the UO!

Time is a healer, time is a stealer, time is an angel, time is a devil that burns.
http://s7.bite-fight.us/c.php?uid=91111

Kydaer Shol