Items with "locked down" tag

Started by Thane ir'Wyndan, September 23, 2006, 12:31:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thane ir'Wyndan

Any players that have movable containers bearing the "locked down" tag are advised to NOT use them for storage.  They are eating any contents placed within them.  We are aware of this bug and doing what we can to fix it, for now please just dispose of any containers with said tag.

Time is a healer, time is a stealer, time is an angel, time is a devil that burns.
http://s7.bite-fight.us/c.php?uid=91111

Cearbhalyn

Yes, I lost 30 plus empty spell books :( some exceptional. I never noticed the tag on it until Thane brought it to my attention. So watch those bags.
I may not agree with you, I may argue and completely disagree with you. However, I will support and fight for your right to state your views and opinions. It is only through the exchange of ideas that learning, and growth are achieved. Arguments and debates are opportunities for growth.

Crimson

Unfortunatly I was the one who discovered this bug.  :'(  I had spent 2.7 million gold for a bag full of Gorn's items, most all of it socketed out the wazoo. It was the best purchase I think I have ever made and the most I have ever spent and it went poof. After confirming that it was a true bug in the game I was fortunate to get the money I spent on the items back, but unfortunate to have lost them for good. From now on if I ever purchase anything in a container at the auction I have learned my lesson and will remove all the items to someplace else.
"Some mornings, it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps."
Emo Philips.

Cearbhalyn

:( that sucks royally :( you know my bag was from the auction as well. wife had bought that set of glittering stones, and took them out and placed them in the gem chest. guess that was lucky now, I didnt think anything about it when I saw the bag. Just needed something to dump them into so I could clear up space ( pack rat :)...I sit near 250 items alot)
But sorry to hear that, and your loss is definately more then mine....hopefully no one else looses anything else due to it. I am sure staff will figure it out though. Perhaps in the way the auction stuff is handled, *shrug* Im betting something there. since we both got them there.
Anyway have a good one :)....and if you got something like this dont put anything in it :(
I may not agree with you, I may argue and completely disagree with you. However, I will support and fight for your right to state your views and opinions. It is only through the exchange of ideas that learning, and growth are achieved. Arguments and debates are opportunities for growth.

Marlenus

This is caused by staff using the "[set movable true" command on a container that was secure (locked down) instead of releasing the container by saying "i wish to release this". It is a bug but it would not be an issue if the command was used properly.

It seems this first occured during one of our auctions which, unfortunately, is the cause of Crimson losing what was in that bag.

The best solution is if anyone has any containers like this, destroy them.
The shovel does not actually hit the ground or the stone or the cave floor.. nor does the fishing pole hit the water. There is no spoon.. *puts on Matrix sunglasses*

Valeria

I might have a few items that still bear the locked down marker in the item discription.
But no containers.

Marlenus

Quote from: Valeria on September 23, 2006, 01:41:41 AM
I might have a few items that still bear the locked down marker in the item discription.
But no containers.

If anyone has items like this, attempt to lock them down then release them.
The shovel does not actually hit the ground or the stone or the cave floor.. nor does the fishing pole hit the water. There is no spoon.. *puts on Matrix sunglasses*

Gorn

and here I thought my legacy would live on...