Gameplay Geared Towards Higher-Levels.

Started by Corsair Razion, March 14, 2008, 04:11:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corsair Razion

You know. It occurred to me recently that we're missing something. This server is INSANELY newbie friendly, which is brilliant. But what happens when you hit the skill cap? Max your skills? Get fully geared?

I mean sure, there are events here and there, and the community is wonderful.

But we need some gameplay. The custom high-level mobs are fun the first few times through, but after that...

We need some high-level dungeons. VERY high-level dungeons.

And it's been a while since we've had a nice scenario. Abraxius was the last, methinks, and I wasn't even around for him.

It may just be me reminiscing over the OSI NPC sieges of Britain, where hordes of the undead and their overpowered leaders assaulted the main town for two weeks straight, being valiantly fought off [and killing] the players.

But y'know...Just an idea or two.

Forest Rithik

That is when you go hunt solo in Fel, since that is what Fel is there for, it even as some reworked dungeons (like Wrong, Hyloth...etc)

There is enough high end content and more being worked on regularly, and Garrick was running an event last I knew (there have been atleast 3 Events since the last attempt at Abraxious).

Your not going to get anything like caliber of the old OSI WCEs on Sylvan since it doesn't have the playerbase or the finances or the resources and staff time reliability to manage it often enough.

Teclis

Y'know, it's funny to me to actually read this post. I do agree with corsair that we do have some newbie friendly areas. We also have some stuff to keep the high levels running, (go fight the new undead spawn Garrick just put out Corsair, they are viscious as well as being part of the running plotline). My point is that anything gets old with time. Even a new ultra high level dungeon would get old. What I'd like to see is a dungeon that makes players cooperate. Maybe have a door in the dungeon that can only be opened by a lockpicker. have a switch that opens another door to continue deeper located in an area only a legendary mage can reach. Maybe even something that requires the spirit speak to get past. I don't know how much scripting that would take, and I understand we don't have a scripter right now so these are just ideas. Another idea is have a dungeon set up that the group enters and clicks the start stone, the entire things spawns, no respawn, you beat your way to the end and click the stop stone. Only one group would be allowed in at a time and it actually times how long you took to clear it.

Artemis

Usually people are beyond monsters.  I pvp when all else fails.  But, yes this shard is different than most others.  A difficult champ works for me, even humbling.  Challenge yourself.

Garrick

Thank you Sandman for informing Corsair on my story.  Yes we are beginner friendly, and the whole point of us working on Fel was for the fully capped and socketed players to go and hunt for fun.  One question I would like to ask to the collective is this..... Why wait for staff storylines to come about? or for us to open some new and spiffy dungeon? We are a roleplay shard and as such the players are free to come up with their own storylines and we even have a quest maker for players at the event center. There are plenty of opportunities for players, beginner or fully capped veterans alike, to have fun alone or with each other.  I personally made my story in varying levels of difficulty, the first part (which had a great degree of participation) was relatively easy and mostcapped players took out the spawns with ease while small groups also got the job done.  The latest part of the story I have seen done with groups consisting of capped and non capped players, and yes I HAVE posted on forums and a few times in game about the event.  If I am out of line in anything I have said I will gladly remove this post but please, players, before you whine about the difficulty of the shard take a look at what we release because we try to take all our player levels into consideration so that the play is fun.

Corsair Razion

Much as I dislike the word "whine". :P

Yeah. Meh. I dunno. I guess I just don't have an attention span lately.

Although...

Whoever brought up PVP....

I would DEFINITELY like to see some more PVP going on. I rarely see any cool fights let alone full out battles/wars going on [Unless I'm just in the wrong area at the wrong time?]. Heck, the announcement of a pair of guilds going Order/Chaos was incredibly interesting.

Loco Moco

I would have to disagree with pvp because this is a specifically role playing server. With that said, not to seem mean, you must have seen that this isn't a pvp server so asking for it when it isn't pvp is sorta out of the question. But I'm pretty sure the GM's were sick of people talking about pvp pvp pvp, they added games like paintball, hide and seek, and that game where you drop and pick up the really heavy ball. But there is probably is a 0% chance of making the server pvp.

Anyways the idea of adding more higher-lvl dungeons is a good idea. But if you have a good fighter try making a miner or crafter. I would spend hours on end finding valorite spots, watching the clock to get BOD's and stuff like that. I'm guessing you probably dont have the stats like Valeria does, you should ask him what he does since he has both a good fighter and crafter. From what i hear, the addition of new dungeons is probably not going to happen in awhile until a scripter is found so out of luck there. So try something different, there are plenty of things to do in Sylvan besides swing your club :)

Forest Rithik

While yes this shard is an RP shard (to an extent) PvP (provided you follow the rules) isn't frowned upon its just not endorsed by staff, if you were present for the early "RP" on this shard back in 2005 PvP was pretty common amongst the Orc clan and various other groups and it was all Role Played out. PvP can be a very important element of an RP event, especially between a "good" alligned group and an "evil" alligned group other wise it would just be a RP arguement with lots of pushing and shoveing.

But anyways I think you misunderstood the PvP elements that have been brought up in this thread, no one as asked for a Metropolis style PvP direction for this shard, mearly some players saying that if they are bored of all existing end game content or what ever content they are at they tend to do a spot of PvP as a spot of change/ variation.

We have a lot of new end game level zones and more being added we recently had the Fel version of T2A opened up and a Uber player level quest added into the game (no idea if anyone as found that, let alone done it yet). Valeria gave away his account ages ago as far as I am aware (either that or he got a personality change/ labotomy).

Rocks Silivan

Hello everyone, we have many new added additions for strong and less stronger players out there. Fel for instance, is very challenging for tthe strong players that are socketed and it gives us a opportunity to gather in groups and take on the forces that lie out there. I think we have a very good balance in this shard as to hard and easy dungeons, for I am fully socketed and still die in easy places. Staff are always working hard to make the game more fun and challenging for the players and they deserve much praise for it. If you can not find anywhere hard try soloing skara in Fel lol :).  With PvP, we have a PvP area if you wanna fight one another and staff encourages Players setting up PvP events or any event. We have had serveral PvP events held by players and they were all a blast! You can have a fee to participate And give a reward for the winner of the contest. There is loads of loads of fun stuff to do on this shard and thats what keeps it alive and keeps me loving this shard, staff, and players that I play with here.

Cpt_Starfox

Solo Fel Skara???  :o   ouchy.... that dude... HURTS!

I know a few other places that are probably much, much worse tho hehe   ;)  So, if you want a touch of adventure and load of death... I know a few places that will probably drop you from Glorious Lord to Glorious laughing stock of Sylvan really nice and fast hehe   :D  (even in groups hehe)

Of course... If ever you feel the sudden desperate need to die tho... just page a GM for something incredibly stupid and get exploded for it   ;)

Ok, honestly I'm NOT looking do die so do not take that page suggestion seriously lol - DO NOT page GMs for stupid stuff lol (there, now if someone does that maybe I won't be exploded with them lol)... but I'm sure you can ask over public chat to be exploded or killed hehe  ::)

Cpt_Starfox

Also... Rithik,  (ok I gonna give this a try lol)

From what I've heard:

dat nu kez bus en teeua wa men a da debbel emsef!  I mebbe neeb sum hep!

(ok forgive me for my probably terrible accent lol - I am learning :)  I think maybe I can understand it a little better than I can speak it lol - but I wanted to try)