More [sort options

Started by HenryShooter, November 28, 2007, 06:11:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HenryShooter

I wouldn't mind some more sort options.
Even these two would help out a lot;
[sort seeds
[sort randombodypartsandstufflikethat

And I wouldn't say no to changing the standard [sort hides to a more general [sort resources.

Say Aye !

Crimson

You could always use [moveitems exact, the only difference I think with [move command and the [sort command is that you have to [move your items to a container outside your backpack rather than in a seperate container inside it. And tossing a container on the ground is fairly safe, as long as you don't do it right around a save, because during a world save anything laying on the ground unsecure has a chance of dissapearing.

I also wouldn't do it near an npc either, I'm not sure if some of the npc's on our shard pick stuff up when they come across it. Also if you don't feel comfortable doing it around other players that is your choice, most of the players here I know are trustworthy and won't snatch your things up right away unless they know you are discarding it or if they see that you have lost connnection and may pick it up for safe keeping till you return. Just use your best judgment and you should be fine.  :)
"Some mornings, it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps."
Emo Philips.

Admin Acacia

Personally, I'm against more [sort and [move options.  This things have always had issues and are known to crash the server more times than I care to think about.

Never be less than your dreams.

Knossos

Quote from: Admin Acacia on November 29, 2007, 02:10:53 PM
Personally, I'm against more [sort and [move options.  This things have always had issues and are known to crash the server more times than I care to think about.

It's less likely that newer sort options would crash the shard because it's going off of the same base code with different parameters.  If it's so troubling why not fix [sort and [moveitems (there are updates on the RunUO forums for all of these things) then not even worry about it :).

Alder Ogham

Knossos : please read http://www.sylvanheart.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=150.msg645 especially the part that says
QuoteTry not to say "this is easy", 'cos there can be knock-on consequences, both technical and balance-related to anything that is suggested.

We use RunUO 1.0 here, not RunUO 2.0, your "updates on the RunUO forums for all of these things" is misinformed* and your attitude of "if it's bothering you just fix it" is totally the wrong attitude to have here.  A more suitable attitude would be "okay, that system has problems, I'll be careful about how I use it".

* misinformed is not the word I would use, but for a public forum, it will have to do.