Dwarf form

Started by Jelle, March 04, 2009, 01:43:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jelle

Im a dwarf and i dont like the Dwarf form ...
atm the dwarf form is bigger than normal human form  ???
witch is odd and not logick
can that form be changed ?
like : same form only half as big as it is now ore 2/3 
       give the dwarf form an axe
       and it wold be cool if dwarfs hade diferent colors like the wolfs  ;D
       a white dwarf ...
       a dark dwarf ...
       a pink dwarf  ;)

ashlee1

I would so go dwarf! I second this idea! -Ashlee

Cpt_Starfox

I remember reading a lotta talk about Dwarf form some time back.... it seemed that it was hard to find a good form for Dwarves. The one we have now does seem a bit... big... I think the orc warlord would look more like a dwarf form than what we have now.... but that form is taken by the orcs hehe.  I can't think of a good form myself, and I'm thinking it wouldn't be too easy to shrink the current form. This might be an old topic requiring some more brain storming hehe  ;)

Jelle

well shrinking this current form a bit wold be a good start ...
untill we finde a better form  :)

Mina

i thought they wuz gonna change the dwarf form to them small kid like things....

Stroem Safai

Aye the way ive seen the dwarf form is suppose to be like those kid things that are in the shops in the Dwarf Caves. There preety nice and have the right size for dwarfs tho i think they need beards :P

Admin Acacia

We do have a little form that would work great for a dwarf, but it's  a bugged figure and only works in a walk... not a run and vanishes in war mode.   At this time, we don't have the ability to actually script a totally seperate thing to fit into the existing UO scripts of creature avatars.  If you find something currently in game looking more dwarfish than what we currently have let me know I'm sure we can change it.

Never be less than your dreams.

Admin Acacia

Even if we get a sciptor... and we have had scirptors, they just up and vanish on us.... When we get a scriptor, I do not believe he will be able to script a "dwarf" form and would have to use the available graphic scripts already in UO.  This would be something a scriptor would have to speak up on.

Never be less than your dreams.

Abbadon

Quote from: Bstceltics4 on March 07, 2009, 12:24:56 AM
we need scriptors for alot of things not only dwarf form lol

Well you could be helpful and go asking around :P If you want something chances are best way to do it is to do it yourself.

Abbadon

Awesome good luck on that :)

Moxy

I've done some scripting in my day.  I was never very good at it but I do have a pretty basic understanding of the concepts involved.  Personally I think that it would be possible to design a new avatar, but the odds of actually finding somebody skilled enough to do it are slim to none.  I have a buddy that could put something together, but I dont think he would be able to give it any animations, hes just not that good yet.
That being said I am quite fond of dwarves, although I am a wolven, but I will definately keep my eye out for something in game that would be use able.

Knossos

This isn't so much of scripting, but changing the patches, which is a pain.  It isn't possible to 'shrink' any of the models in game, so new ones would have to be added.  (The shrunk pets are actually different models).

To do this, a new animation for walk, run, war mode, standing still, and in all 8 possible directions would have to be added to the current patches, then everyone would have to download them all again.  This requires a ton of art work and time to fix the patches once the art was finished.

If someone knows of another shard that has this already done, the work can be 'borrowed' much easier, but it would still require some patch work and everyone to re-download the SH patches.