Public beta test discussion thread

Started by Alder Ogham, April 16, 2009, 12:43:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alder Ogham

Hi guys,

Rather than discussing in the announce thread, let's have feedback over here!

Abbadon

Gunna take ages to download due to only 1 seeder and me having crap NZ internet o.O

Anagami

I have a 24/7 ftp server that I could host the file on.  The server has a 10mbps downstream and 3mbps upstream connection.

Update: I went ahead and setup the FTP and sent the details to Alder and Acacia.  Users can see which files are posted to the FTP by following this link:

[EDIT (Alder)] Link removed to save people's sanity, I'll post direct links when uploads are completed.
Just as treasures are uncovered from the earth, so virtue appears from good deeds, and wisdom appears from a pure and peaceful mind. To walk safely through the maze of human life, one needs the light of wisdom and the guidance of virtue. -- Buddha

Alder Ogham

Could people please wait for direct links from me as if you download whilst I'm still uploading, you'll only be disappointed!

P.S. Should be up to two powerful seeds by now :-)

Two alternatives to bittorrent now, as posted in the other thread :

Quote from: Alder OghamFor those who can't/don't want to use BitTorrent, I have uploaded now to a file host :

http://good.net/dl/vkufvg/InstallSHBeta2.exe

Yep, it's like rapidshare, mediafire et al, but hopefully better than some.

Also, courtesy of Anagami, the following is also a valid copy of the same thing :

ftp://sylvanplayer:sylvanplayer@sylvanheart.homeip.net/InstallSHBeta2.exe

Anagami

Hi Alder.  You need to take the http:// off the front of the ftp URL.  SMF adds http:// when you add the [url] tag.  If you get rid of the tag the ftp link will still show up as a link. Thaaaanks :)
Just as treasures are uncovered from the earth, so virtue appears from good deeds, and wisdom appears from a pure and peaceful mind. To walk safely through the maze of human life, one needs the light of wisdom and the guidance of virtue. -- Buddha

Alder Ogham

GM Feenix

Was testing some hues   had 2D client, pandoras, and internet browser open.   When trying to access the Blacks and Whites chest in Hue house  Client was crashing. I would hear the chest open and then gone. No error msgs. No crash msgs. Just gone.

It's not who's at the top that matters. Only the path you chose to get there.

Alder Ogham

It is a game client only suitable for playing sylvan, on the sylvan server.  If I were you, I would cancel the download because it's only of use if you have an active account.

Queen Karina

ok here goes  i run vista 64    downloaded and installed  , no errors  when installing when i click the   shortcut   i get the  "ultima online does not seam to be installed correctly on your system please reinstall uo by running the setup.exe program located on your uo cd rom "  and when i tried to use razor  it couldnt find a sutible  clicoc file  Also i will try to seed this when i can   

GM Feenix

Quote from: Queen Karina on April 19, 2009, 06:30:03 PM
ok here goes  i run vista 64    downloaded and installed  , no errors  when installing when i click the   shortcut   i get the  "ultima online does not seam to be installed correctly on your system please reinstall uo by running the setup.exe program located on your uo cd rom "  and when i tried to use razor  it couldnt find a sutible  clicoc file  Also i will try to seed this when i can   

Make sure you are trying to connect with the  NO_CRYPT_2D  open folder should be Sylvan Heart   scroll down until you find... No_Crypt_Client_2d.  Right Click and select Create Shortcut.  Then drag Shortcut to Desktop.

DBL click on shortcut to play...
This is what I did but then again I dont have Vista either....

It's not who's at the top that matters. Only the path you chose to get there.

Dlaeby

I installed everything on my Windows Vista, I was using Virtual PC and an earlier form of Windows. On Vista everything was working fine, except for Razor, until yesterday I started getting the No_Crypt_Client_2d error message, so I tried switching over to Virtual PC and I got a client.exe error on SH. Any ideas?

Thanks, Kim

Alder Ogham

For the brave, and those who it might help (vista people possibly) :
Quote from: Alder Ogham
Here's one just for you intrepid types :

I've managed to migrate our artwork from verdata.mul to art, anim and gumpart.mul files.  For the non-techies that means we shouldn't have to be tied to the low client.exe version we we have been running (4.0.5b).

The hotpatch is big, but less big than redoing the entire installer, and I want people to feedback in the other thread about any differences they might find.  So far, I note that the login screen and "quest" button on the paperdoll haven't matched.

Instructions : download (torrent or indirect links below), unzip over the existing beta and then delete (or move or rename) the verdata.mul file.

Torrent link : http://www.sylvandreams.co.uk/newpatches/HotPatchClient.torrent
Indirect file link : http://good.net/dl/vkufvg/HotPatchClient.zip

Let the testing commence!

Noble.K

The torrent link for the patch is not working at the moment, and I cannot find the torrent link for the main beta file.  Any chance I could get both torrent files so may try the beta / help seed?

Noble.K

Quote from: Noble.K on April 29, 2009, 11:50:44 AM
The torrent link for the patch is not working at the moment, and I cannot find the torrent link for the main beta file.  Any chance I could get both torrent files so may try the beta / help seed?

Found the original beta file, torrenting now.  I can help test it on Windows 7, but alas I do not have Windows Vista.

Then again Windows 7 is practically Windows vista with 1 great addition.  It's a feature that Microsoft has left out of their Operating Systems since MS Dos.  Stability