A couple of nice adds

Started by Deedlit, May 19, 2008, 02:12:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deedlit

The other day,while I was fiddling with my characters,I noticed a couple of things which would be nice having,in terms both of style and rping;mind you,I don't know if the changes are doable,impossible,difficult or easy,I just propose them and wait for feedback meanwhile :)

I'm not sure about the community out there,but honestly I was a bit puzzled when I tried to dye my hair with a player hairstyler;we have pure white,we have a fancy teal,we even have pink and a plump purple and a series of other shades....but when it comes to simply dye hair black,only options available are a haggy gray (which is not even close to black) or a pale blue.Now we even have an oriental setting in tokuno and faeries as playable race,we have new skin hues as well,but we don't have something like black or a royal blue to dye hair;this is something I,at least,would find useful when personalizing my character,which I think most wants,especially when dealing with the standard graphic that uo offers,so customizing becomes a must for rpers (or simply to look fancy or,why not,just closer to the idea you have in mind).Even something that resembles black and not the "true black" would be worth having (everything but that pale grey lol).

As for the second thing,some people rp wise like to play the "halfbreeds";I myself love to play half elves for one,so I was wondering if it's possible to actually add the option to choose "true XXX" or "half xxx" in the race stone.That way people can have a fancy title displayed instead of having to state everytime "I'm half xxx";if not,maybe can pay (like for rehueing the racial skin hue,50k it once was,not sure now) to have his/her race title fiddled with (so not just as vs/account/donation reward and just for the race title).

I understand this would result in a lot of work for staffers,but at least I wanted to give it a try and propose :)

Thanks anyway and wish everyone a good day and game :)

Caly

In game:

In game no more.Goodbye.

Cpt_Starfox

I dunno about hair dyes.. I just picked mine at the beginning and stuck with it lol... but as you pointed out.. a nice dark blue would be a nice replacement for true black (I've tried true black on my test shard I believe... and from what I remember, it tain't all that great... some dark blue or other might be much better). But yeah, might still add true black for those who want to try it lol.

As far as the title stuff, I'll copy paste from the website:
$10.00 - Want a special title? Do the standard UO titles not quite fit what your character role plays? We can change it for you! As an example, you play a druid and 'druid' is not a title that UO used. We can change your "the alchemist" title or "the mage" title to "the druid". Perhaps your daemon wants "the conqueror" instead of "the warrior". We can do that too! All new titles have to be cleared with the Admins ahead of time.

Me? I'm a I dunno what... I guess maybe I am a half-elf-human that can shape change into animals via elven magic... but I haven't really decided for sure... maybe I'm just a mix of different stuff!  Or maybe... I'm a race that is all but gone or is very secretive so that people rarely see them... hmmm hehe *begins thinking on this stuff yet again* lol

As far as any scripted abilities (like shape/color changing and etc...) for these "special breeds" - I dunno. I'll leave that one to the GMs to answer hehe.

-edit-
I do believe I have seen someone with the half-elf title or something, and I imagin they did that via the method I mentioned... so I bet it tiz indeed possible   :)

Admin Acacia

As things are now, we only have the standard OSI hair styles.  I am all for allowing black hair, the ability to hue hair all black, not the washed out grayish stuff.  Here's the thing, that is not available in the hues already in game, in the special hair dyes or the common ones, or ones that player barbers can do.  Okay, well, how about letting Staff hue it black for a fee? Here's the thing, we can't see just the hair to hue just the hair on your player character.

BUT.... we may have a solution, for a fee of course.  Aesa and I are working on a few (3 base colors 6 hues) new hair hues that we will make available. The thing with making all black hair, the background of your paperdoll is black, so black hair will not show up, it looks a bit strange. I have picked a couple of colors that do look nice in the paperdoll.   We will need to remove your hair and give you new hair with the hue of your choise on it.  Not a problem.   The cost of this will be 3 VS (60K atone)

On the second topic, as to the half breeds, I don't have a problem with it. I myself have a half drow who is learning her evil heritage.  At this time, we can not add more to the stone, since we have no scriptor... again. If you wish to be half something, I'm afraid will will have to be accomplished through your role play and choice of clothing, skin hue, hair hue and actions.

Never be less than your dreams.

Cpt_Starfox

Thank you Acacia and Aesa  ;D