Musical distractions

Started by Elanora, May 22, 2008, 12:05:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elanora

LOL today I have all kinds of ideas-blame it on my frequent absence of late. :)
I love the musics in this game-is there a way to get our favorite UO melodies, perhaps on something similar to the windchimes or statues concept, where the music plays in perhaps a screen and a half radius, from someone's home? Based upon a player nearby concept as well. I know there are many areas without a tune, and sometimes I long for the various ones I have heard when going through the music available in the UO folders. If something like this were buyable, and we could select the tunes, I would almost certainly get one or more. :)
Is this a doable option in any way?

Cpt_Starfox

*thinks*  sounds interesting... but what if you had one active in an area with a tune already playing for that area?  Or what people living close with multiple tunes playing... hmmm... having little sounds and such coming from monster statues and such is one thing... mixes ok with game music... but I dunno that whole tunes would mix well with the other atmospheric music. *thinks some more* but it sounds so cool lol. 

Maybe the "player near" option you spoke of would work well.. and only have it hearable by players right there next to the statue.... it would of course have to turn off game music for that player though.... don't instruments have that ability?  That is to turn off game music for that player(s) while they play?  I can't remember lol.

Also, I dunno about on this shard, but from what I remember of my little test shard, actual game tunes aren't able to be applied to things like that... only sounds are.  So, to have that happen, scripting might be required.