Augmenting idea

Started by Shobida, November 19, 2007, 11:18:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shobida

Ok i think this could feesably be placed into the game though i understand i wouldnt even know how to program it so its just an idea.

Smith Crafted Augments

Augmenter's Tool Kit - Cost and use probly based same as Socketing Hamme
Function - when used on a Runic Crafted Piece it Destroys the pice of equipment and Randomly Selects 1 Magical Property and Creates an Augment.

example - say you had a Verite Platemail Tunic with 3 magical propertys you use the augmenters tool kit it takes one of the Stats and creates a Verite Augment with the selected stat.

This could be used in if you have 100 fletching for bows tailoring for leather and course smithing for metal.

and maybe even an Ancient Augmenters Tool Kit - to be able to Select which stat you want.

as i said befor this is just an idea i wouldnt even know what it would take to program this so ya its just been rattleing around in my head debuffing the details to make it feasable for use. i think i would bring more to the augmenting market and for newerish players that maybe haveing a hard time learning to battle a way to possibly make money granted they figured out a way to afford the kit.

so think on it and let me know what ya think or if its to much of a programing nightmare. :p

Other Idea's: though one of the council members said he would bring them up just thought id post on them for Officialness and other player comments.

Cleansing Fluid - to cleans items of colorishness ya something like that
Function's - Used on Dyed items it will Return them to there Natural Color's and on Scrolls can Clean off a scroll or stack of scrolls into Blank scrolls.

Book Destruction ( not an Item) - Scissors can be used on a Book to claim  1 to 5 blank scrolls from a book.
this is more of an idea to give some use to us scribes that sit there trying to make exceptional spell books and get a tone of regular ones.

Well thats all the ideas i have at the time i know ive had more but i cant remember them :p

Forest Rithik

I believe the single Tokuno Pigment drop (We don't have the horrid greater pigments thankfully) removes whatever dye that as been put on an item and returns it to its default hue, though it wont make a used scroll return to a blank scroll, given how common Scrolls are/ can be I don't really see the need for an item to remove the ink from a used scroll :-P. I think there is also an option on the Universal dye tub to return to default item hue though that might have been an old bug, I forget.

With the Augmenter's Tool kit you would see a massive influx of augments hitting the market lowering overall values and , There have been occasions where I have had to sell to Dalos or trash low end/ junk runic made pieces. Moderate usefulness pieces that I didn't want to sell to Dalos or trash would go into the Donation chests, if I had the option to get one ancient gem from each of the real junk pieces instead of about 100 gold or so then I would be doing that and getting like 10 times the gold from my Runic junk.

My crafter as 120/120/120 base for fletch/smith/tailoring and would be able to disenchant any junk piece he made for more shinnies like most other crafters, meaning that alot of potentially reasonable priced pieces that would've been sold might get disenchanted my the crafter instead for direct profit (Disenchant then sell the ancients and legendaries to Dalos as per usual) making newer players loose out since they would need to spend more cash and compete more for the moderate and good pieces that are kept for sale.

Its already easy enough to get lots of ancients and legendaries through the general play and opening dungeon chests, I don't see why one of the biggest income making items from general hunting should become more common. When I was low level on any of my characters and ran through The lizardman spot in Covertous and then onto the Ettins in Despise was easy to make 300k - 500k in one day doing that, more if you found high LRC pieces or special items. Once kitted out I could do those same runs for 600k - 900k a day which I put towards buying Augments first (since Mythics are highly prized) and then once I had spent around 10 mill on augments and found/ bartered for the remaining ones I focused on my endgame gear (Up until this time I had used mostly Tokuno Artifact items). Once I had made, had made for me or found (in the case of the HoTL and my jewelry pieces) I started to socket the pieces.

Now I could for the  same Covertous/Desp run and net 900k - 1.5m a day (about 3 - 5 VS aswell), though I would have to hunt for 6 or so straight hours heh which I don't recommend since you loose your patience and mind. There are a lot of easy ways to earn cash already without saturating the augment market like it was years ago, also most established players would gladly run a new player through a dungeon and let them keep the junk down there. Also a note for both new player and established players alike if anyone refuses an end share in a hunt don't whine and complain at them (It allows all others more returns anyways), a lot of them who do decline a share have or had bank value's that are stupidly high :-P

Shobida

Well i wasnt talking about them turning into ancient gems and what not im talking a new type of augmenting system these aguments wouldnt be able to be Traded up or anything like the augments out there these would be new types of augments say like you have a Valorite Double Axe with swing speed 10% on it well by turning it into an augment you would have a chance of getting a Valorite Sphere (Augment) with 10% Swing Speed. but yet becouse it selects a random atribute it dosent mean your gona get the one you want.  not to mention i think it would bring more balance to smiths since flint and jager basicly run the show with smiths if they wanted to sit and try to get augments there still gona have to work for there runics more, mine more ore to make the equipment.

Now sure you can hunt like that but i cant i dont have a decent combatant heck i just died a few days ago and lost all my gear couldnt get it back nor afford to insure it so just couse your capable dosent mean we all are. i mean i usually get about 3 hours to play a day due to work most of the time im either stuck training a charecter trying to find equipment or trying to craft something to make money i dont usually get the time to go hunt and figure out whats a good place the best ive gotten to is Fire dungeon makeing 10-20k a trip and maybe 1 trip a day. so please dont come brag about how much money you can make when some of us little people are still trying to get started. we dont hav e all this money to throw around to get the equipment to go out and fight we havent been around to catch any rare animals or find rare drops that we can sell for big money.

Now im not trying to diss you i mean alot of the big names have been extreamly helpfull by giveing away stuff to new players to help them get started but it still doesnt mean were gona be able to throw money around like them anytime soon to get the stuff we want.  i just think this would bring a new aspect to the socket market the personalizing of equipment and not have to sit there and go bankrupt trying to get a decent augment couse i sure couldnt aford a Mythic anytime soon watching them go by on the auctions for 600k+ ive only seen 1mil once and then i finaly got me a house and there went that.

I think if they worked out the chance ratios it wont damage the market just bring new aspects to it. and it could bring new asects to the limited amount of pet augments couse theres sure not much you could do with the pets but if you could socket a swing speed augment into your WW you might be able to do a bit more with him.

Forest Rithik

So if I socketed a piece of jewelry with 15 DCI naturally (Only property on it) on it with 4 sockets, then put in it a Radiant Wol increasing it to 30 DCI then disenchanted it I would get a Sphere augment with 30 DCI that I could put in 1 socket ? or if a control means is put in place limiting it to say 10 parts/ % to each socket (I.E Sphere with 10% DCI = 1 socket, Sphere with 20% = 2 sockets, Sphere with 30 = 30%..etc) it would end up making items even more powerful, if they are made to be as equal as they can when compared to existing equivalent augment (In this case Wol Crystal) then what really is the point other then increasing a properties augment availability to the playerbase? but with the low end kits being the most common available and their randomness with regards to their property would mean you would be unlikely to get the properties you want if an item as 4 or more properties on it, meaning any junk item with a single high frequently sort after property on it (LRC, DI, HCI..etc) would have its price jacked up along with the prices of already good gear.

Also a lot of players on shard have their own smiths/ crafters so they don't have to rely on other players, Only time I have gone to other players like Jager and Keely for equipment is if I wanted something very specific and had already blown my runics and checked my stash and somehow still didn't have something satisfactory. Also you would be somewhat surprised at just how much cash, ingot (I have a non-miner friend who as 15K+ of each ingot earned through elemental hunting, miners  have up to 5 times that  :D)/ leather stores, runics and junk most senior players have. I gave 75% of everything I earned to the guild I played for and still ended up with millions, stacks of VS and a reasonable amount of boxes full of arties, those who don't give as much away have a lot more  :D

It really isn't hard to hunt down in Despise or Orc cave, it doesn't require a god suite or IWin button, nor does it require max skills or Artifact suites. I started farming Despise on a mage character (gm Magery, leg Focus/Med, gm Eval and gm Necro) in Troll leather armour with 0 properties on it on day three (after about 7 hours or so macroing) and believe me back then the player base was so small and didn't openly discuss their hunts or stuff incase Oak went to nerf it *Giggles*. I might be a decent player but I am not capable of anything that other players aren't able to do, you seriously shouldn't be making out that only a few players are capable of doing things well ingame and that your not its just a case of practice early on, once you get that sorted out then you'll fly right up the capability ladder like all the players before you.

I am not bragging about how much I can earn, I am saying that If I was capable of farming for large volumes of gold on a weak character, so can anyone else. I used the progression as just that a progression, showing amounts that are typically earned at various points from new player to endgame suite wearer. I rarely play these days, and when I started playing back in the early days it was for 5 hours a week since I had work, education and training (much like I have again). So quit making out that I am some bloody ogre made of win  and that your not capable of being as good as the average player or eventually as good as Demi-God players. I have seen lots of new players earn a mill in a week playing with as much time as you have available to you when they pick up what they have to do and other little tricks when it comes to certain rooms and critters.

I bought most of my mythic/ Radiant privately, not from auction. Buying them direct from other players without the auction is a lot cheaper and your obviously more likely to walk away with the auggy at the end of it. If decent equipment is a serious concern for you I would gladly re-acquire my armours from Hele and go get you all the usefull Tokuno arties and some decent other armour pieces to fill in the blanks then leave you with enough coin for insurance costs for the unblessed pieces, much like I did for mongbat knows how many players before you.

Most pets from Drag/ WW upwards strike at swing speed cap, so an increase in swing speed on a pet via augment would only come into play when a pet is down to under 60 stamina (from 300+)

Andro

/lol at Oak reference

/wonders what oak is doing right now

*playing runescape*

Blasphemy!

Admin Acacia

Oak is actually playing World of Warcrap.   I talk to him from time to time.

Never be less than your dreams.

Jager

Now that is seriously blasphemous. It made me cry :(

Jager

Dilut3d

LoL @ World of Warcrap *Writes that down*

Shobida

though i gave up on this idea your still missing the point you wouldnt be able to add augments into something to get a better increase it would have to be set to stop that letalone the stronger the skill it takes out the more sockets the augment takes so even if you were to do that it would probly take 6 slots though it wouldnt be alowed to turn an item with augments in it into an augment. also it could help bring more reason to socket pets if there were more augments to use on them.

also in this section of the forums instead of trying to destroy an idea maybe you should try to help make it feasable by giveing suggestions for safe guards so people cant get ridiculous with what can come of an adjustment to the game.

Forest Rithik

To be honest I don't see how I'm missing the point, especially when any safegaurds or limitations aren't exactly covered or mentioned in your opening idea at all in the first place. If anything I did add feasable suggestions in order to increase viability, I raised points also that you never covered in your post. Most of this latest post of yours simply reverberated ideas for limitations I raised, like intensity of property being tied to how much space an item takes.

There already is a good reason to socket decent pets, to increase thier usefullness. With the right pets you can take most of their Resistances to levels that players can never get. Making them more effective sponges when it comes to soaking up damage (Given they already have more Stamina, HP and other stats then all standard God-Warriors). I really do not want to see a return of pets being the strongest player based things ingame again without a doubt. This would rip open the old grievence which eventually became the animosity towards Druids. If you thought God-Warriors or Druids are out of control now, just wait till you see a return of a good skilled Tamer-GWar hybrid (Best of both worlds).

Given the fact almost all properties are already covered in augment forms, which of the currently non-existing ones do you think would be of use to a pet ?

If you honestly cared for this idea you would atleast try to cover as many bases with it as you could, not just toss it out there with minimal effort then complain when people start prodding holes in it. You may very well have thought about all of these limitations in your head and what not but unless you actually tell people in your opening post that you have how are we to know ?

Skynar

in case i missed it in here somewhere already     Just use a Universal dye tub and set the color to "default" and it will return to original color.

Wuffy

QuoteI really do not want to see a return of pets being the strongest player based things ingame again without a doubt.

I'll have to agree with Rithik on this one, I believe the socket and augment system is just fine as it is- with the exception of runes and the lack of a couple augment properties.

Also yes, Skynar you're right - use the universal dye tub and set the color to 'default' to return anything to it's original color.
"Remember folks - roleplay is for fun, do not take it seriously. If one roleplays being an evil warrior, it doesn't mean they are evil as a person." ~Wuffy