My first walk on Sylvan Heart

Started by Emayecue, September 19, 2012, 04:16:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emayecue

So yesterday, I did my first walk through the lands of Sylvan Heart.

I took the moongate to paws, went down close to Trinsic before I decided to head back, walked through Britain and made my way, eventually to Vesper where I crashed for the night. During that trip, a few questions arose and figured I would ask about it.

I manage to get my first kill, which was a desert troll, after a good 15 minutes of non effective fireballs, lightning strikes and poisons, I finally manage to put him down. To my outmost surprise, I did not get looting rights? I was wondering what it is that I have done wrong. Perhaps was it that I am still of "young" status, or perhaps it took too long for me to kill it, or perhaps that doing the majority of damage with poison, my poison got the looting rights, but not I? If anyone can answer that, I am most curious to hear. (I just waited a few minutes and manage to get my 74 gold coin and 10 leather eventually)

Another thing I noticed, was that in the original towns, many buildings are took down. Is there any reason for that? And on a similar subject, I saw many placed house within the cities. Just wondering what are the idea, objectives, and reason for it. Can anyone place a house within guard zones, or is it done on a case by case basis?

Overall, it was a pleasant walk, and I am looking forward to the next one.

Iris

Not sure why you wasnt able to loot your corpse. if you killed it you should beable to loot it, as far as the towns go we had to change some of the maps inorder to bring in the ml dungons, but we do allow players to place houses on some of the empty lots in the towns,

Garrick

I too am stumped on the looting issue, I know the dessert trolls outside of Marketvalle are 'odd' at best.  As to the cities missing building this was partly as Iris described it, the other reason was the original admin wanted to promote roleplay and having a house inside one of the vanilla cities was a good way to promote inter city trade between individuals and guilds.  we are working on returning roleplay to a major role on the shard and I personally hope to see such interaction return.

Cypress

Garrick and Iris are beating me to the post! I guess I'm going to have to speed up hehe. Anywho, *agrees with both of them*

Adds: Anyone should be able to place a house in a town, but there is a requirement. Houses need to try to match the style of the town they are in as best they can. If you don't think you can, I'm betting there are plenty of player architects out there willing to help :)