Connection Lost problems?

Started by Emayecue, September 30, 2012, 02:51:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emayecue

I don't know if that happens to other people as well, but I seem to get connection loss on a regular basis. It would be something like every hour or so, I get disconnected, no lag, no nothing involved, just promptly lose connection.

Is that something that other people are experiencing, or is it something that happens just to me. At the same time, sometimes when I relog I will not be able to play my macros again. For instance my vet macro would get stuck at "wait for target" as the target will never come up, or my peacemaking stayed stuck with a message saying "You must wait a few moments to use another skill" without ever being able to do it again. I have to completely shut down UO and restart it to get it fixed, until the next connection loss.

So am I the only one experiencing that? If so, does anyone have a clue what could be wrong with me, so I can try to fix it?

Thanks!

Garrick

If it's happening while macroing then your macro is the problem.  Extend the time to a minimum of 8 seconds if you are AFK macroing.  That was one reason for the initial rule about macroing having an 8 second delay.

Ventesa

I loose connection from the shard alot. An it isn't due to macroing. It will be while milking cow, fighting trolls, or riding through the country side. It is frequent but I know things are being adjusted due to updates and subtractions.

Emayecue

I will see if it makes a difference to increase the timer for the macro. But for peacemaking for instance, that one needs a 10 seconds pause in between just to use the skill, and the same thing was happening. But I'll try it and see how it goes.