Archery/Melee Bugs

Started by Knossos, November 26, 2007, 11:14:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Knossos

Armor Pierce (Yumi Primary Special) does not appear to do anything.  It selects, says some stuff, but does not increase nor decrease the damage dealt.  This is the case with every enemy I've used it on.  Is it implemented?

The Honor Virtue does not work with Archery.  This is because (I think?) the code to increase precision is done onSwing so only Melee gets it.  I am able to honor my target, I am able to gain in honor, but I do not gain in Precision as I should even with  the required Bushido.  Pretty sure this works for Archery on OSI but I could be wrong.

Lightning Strike in Bushido appears to lower your hit chance instead of "significantly increasing it".  When you are at cap and you use specials to put you over cap (such as Divine Fury) and then use Lightning Strike  it acts like you are just at cap (in fact reducing your chance to hit).  Perhaps this is just an error with adding the hit chance to the total hit bonus?

Forest Rithik

Armour Pierce: No idea, its probably uncoded and/or bugged. But considering how it is supposed to work (adds 50% to your damage) leading to massive damage via Archery (As if us Archers need to do anymore then 70 - 190ish a hit without slayers) I wouldn't be surprised if Oak intentionally left it out.

As for Perfection, I thought that only kicked off in melee only and I remember hearing about a potential bug (Perfection stopped working) regarding perfection if you were at max Honour but that was ages ago. No idea these days though, haven't needed to use it on any of my characters in ages.

If you are at the base 45 HCI cap then the only thing that can take you over is LS and that takes you to around 50 HCI for one hit only. There is no other way of getting the benefit of having more then 45 HCI. The only time overstacking or pushing over a properties cap is useful is if under the influence of a penalty (Overstacked DCI to overcome DF penalty, Overstacked DCI/HCI to partly overcome the ML Satyr Discord attack..etc). Chances are the "blackhole" sits with Divine Fury if you getting sent back to figures below your natural/equipped  HCI with it, I remember DF messing with damage output via Damage Increase a long time ago and not in a extra damage way either :-P.

Knossos

There still is a bug where if you are at cap honor you can't honor an opponent.  I wasn't sure if that was a bug or not, and it can be circumvented by honoring yourself to lose a little bit, then honoring your opponent.

As it sits, Divine Fury adds 10 hit chance and increases damage.  The 45 HCI Cap is ONLY for HCI on items, there is no cap on skills that increase your Hit chance so with Divine Fury you can essentially have 55% hit chance increase.  This seems to be working just fine.  The function that does the hit check is just addition based and doesn't do anything crazy.  What I assume is happening is when the Lightning strike comes into play it isn't ADDING to the hit bonus, but setting it instead, or taking an inverse multiple of the current hit (but that's far to weird).

yatici

I'm having a hard time with the honoring. When I say honor thee and bow still nothing happens. Can someone explain me how this perfection works?

Forest Rithik

Gaining Honor:

You can gain Honor by engaging in honorable combat with monsters or NPCs. You can do this by double-clicking the Honor icon on the Virtue gump and targeting an appropriate opponent. You will face your opponent, bow to them, and speak the words, "I honor you."

You then must defeat your opponent in an honorable fashion.

Honorable combat is defined as:

* Allowing your opponent to damage you first.
    * Engaging in one-on-one combat.
    * Not using ranged weapons, unless you stay in the same spot where you honored your opponent, or you only damage your opponent while adjacent to them.
    * Not allowing your pets or summoned creatures to help you during the battle.
    * Avoiding the use of poison.

To engage an opponent in honorable combat, your opponent:

* Must be one that you can perform negative actions upon.
    * Must be at full health.
    * Must not already be honored by a nearby player.
    * Must be close to you, in your line-of-sight, and have a clear path to you.