Anyone else had this macro issue?

Started by Aderyn, February 17, 2008, 01:05:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aderyn

So, after having some issues with calling my pets off during pet wars, I decided to make an "all stop" macro to make things simpler and avoid future screw-ups. However, I seem to be completely unable to make "all stop" a macro. It works with all other pet commands just fine, but when I try to use the macro for "all stop" I get absolutely nothing.

Is this a normal thing? I figure it's entirely possible this was something completely deliberate implemented by OSI or something. I'm just wondering if this is true of everybody, or if my copy of UO is just buggy.

Teclis

I don't know if you are using a client macro or razor, but one thing to check if you are using a client macros is to make sure the key you set isn't already preset in your macros. I've had that problem before and I went in and found the dupe and deleted it and my macro worked fine after that. I hope this helps.

Teclis

Admin Acacia

There shouldn't be any problem with making an all stop command.  If you are using the in game options for making macros, just be sure that the keys you are using aren't used on any other macro already.  That could be about the only issue I can think of, other than not clicking Accept after you've made the macro.

Never be less than your dreams.

Aderyn

Yes, I'm using the regular UO client (one of these days I'll get around to actually setting up Razor). I've tested it it repeatedly, with sets of keys that I would never use for a regular macro, (and re-tested to make sure I did everything right). I'll keep playing with it. Worst case scenario, I'll re-install and see if my client was just being stupid.

Garrick

Make sure you aren't using already existing macro's.  I've come across using such macro's as CTR S for something and when I went to use it I would salute.  Just double check and make sure your macro's aren't overlapping each other before you reinstall

Wuffy

How were you testing it? By letting others attack your pet first - and then saying all stop? Or just saying all stop when they are following or guarding you? This is so I can test it as well, and see if I get the same results.
"Remember folks - roleplay is for fun, do not take it seriously. If one roleplays being an evil warrior, it doesn't mean they are evil as a person." ~Wuffy

Aderyn

I was testing to see if my character would say "all stop" when I used the proper macro sequence. The problem I was having was that when I tried to use it, absolutely nothing happened. My character remained silent.

I have since figured out the problem and fixed it. It was kind of a long convoluted ordeal. The short answer is that I'm a complete ditz and 9 years playing UO is apparently not enough time for me to learn how to use the software properly :)

Thanks to everyone for their help, though!