Be Fruitful and Multiply....

Started by Admin Acacia, January 11, 2007, 08:55:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admin Acacia

And the skyguds saw that it was good.  The people found each other, they found love, they found marriage, and the skyguds saw that it was good.   With the passage of time, into these marriages magic comes and a renewing of the world begins again.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

In our quest to add to the variety of role play, birth is coming to Sylvan, and as in real life, it will be random, and maybe a bit of a surprise.   We have a list of our married couples, and when they are least expecting it, the stork will show up at their door step.

We have a special maternity top for the mother's to be.  Pregnancies will last around two or three weeks, then the little bundle of joy will arrive.   We are making plans to offer special baby naming ceremonies.

Even though this will be a random thing, if a couple is totally opposed to participating, no one will be forced to participate.   We will provide more information on this procedure to the couples as the time comes.    We hope this will be something you can enjoy and will enhance your role playing options.

Never be less than your dreams.

Forest Rithik

So this means its now:

Hide yer women and shinnies, the Ogres and trolls are coming again

Rather then the older:

Hide Yer Women and bairns, the Trolls are coming over the hill.

Deedlit

I'm just wondering...will they grow too? lol

In game:

In game no more.Goodbye.

Valius

Evolutionary children (ref: RunUO.com!

Something not seen in some parts of Scotland

Keely Samphire

I've already got two babies.  I don't need another right now. lol.  *is glad blazer ran off now* hehe

This does sound like an awesome addition.  I can't wait to see who the lucky couples are.

Forest Rithik

Rithik & Gurg'ess *Grins*

come back Gurgy'poo

Predatory Beauty

BABIES!

REASEY! We gunna ge babies!

(\___/)
( ='.'= )
( " )_( " )

Kodan

...Isn't that going a bit TOO far for a FAMILY shard? >_>

Rhatoqtrax

Actually I find the idea pretty amusing, like it could be fun to have pub dogs and cat following their parents around. Or a orc kiddy... now that would be something ! Or... how small would a dwarf kid be ! Though, RP wise I think such cannot exist for demons really, but what do I know.

Damira

I don't want to have kids in RL, even less in a game. But I'm not really planning to get married either, as I feel the same about marriage as about babies.

However, since Acacia is not a facist and lets people decide if they want in or not, I see no objection of implementing it to the ones interested.

Just don't make me godfather for any of the little brats :P

todd0168

Well seeing as how all the ingame chatter about this has been referring to storks (and I do believe they even have an actual stork ingame) I don't think there is much of any sexual comments ingame as of yet.

8)

Admin Acacia

I imagine many of the real life children could tell us a thing or two about the real world and what goes on between male and female...

This was to be a fun thing, and it is only those of you who have to think all about the "sex" of the matter that are dragging it into the mire.   Should we do away with Weddings... cause don't they infer the fact that "stuff" happens?     Maybe we should find an androgynous paperdoll character so know one gets the wrong idea that we are doing something obscene with our male and female toons.

Don't make something intended to be fun and a spark for more role play in game be twisted into something dirty when that was never intended or inferred in the original post.

ALSO... if you read the original post we don't make ANY ONE do this who is opposed to it or not interested in participating.

Never be less than your dreams.

todd0168

Well said Acacia. *claps*  Very well said.

8)

Damira

I agree, although I don't think it was criticizing, more like kidding around.

Androgynous paperdoll characters, heh *snickers*

Valius

I've been sitting on the fence to see how this panned out. Not to choose what side I'm on, but to see how long it would take before someone took this as being offensive and dirty.

The fact is, as Acacia pointed out, it's an innocent little extra to the game. It's not actually infered that the cahracters are copulating at any point, but simply insinuated by the players. Is it so hard to just accept that this is a fantasy game and take the novelty and fun of an actual stork dropping a newborn for a family rather then something more risqué?

I think personally the idea's a good one - but I personally prefer when a player RPs the child. I feel this gives more depth rather then some little object, and it allows for more diversity with the child getting into scrapes and a visable bond being formed between parent and child.