Socketing and breaking stuff

Started by Festus, March 01, 2015, 10:20:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Festus

Ok,,,Im obviously doing something bad.  I have broken 3 SWEEET katanas and a couple bows while socketing them.  My smithy is at 120 skill and is wearing Hephustucuff for another +5 smithing.  There must be something im doing or not doing right as I have had people socket stuff in the past and never had anything break.  Hep meh??

riain

The Bracelet will not raise it to 125.  It caps at 120.  You have to use special hammers from the BoDs called ASH (Ancient Smithy Hammers) to raise it beyond 120.  The +60 ASH is the best and runs a specific Large BoD (valorite i believe) to get a chance, 125 VS, or it's also on the donation list.

Rei

You need the ASH +60 to get a near 100% success rate (I think it's a 1 in 100 chance to break something or some other high chance of success).  I have one and you are welcome to borrow it. I will try to be on tomorrow and a few days this week as I have nothing to do for the kitchen (YAY!)

Festus

Thanks ya'll.  I got an ASH from Will Parish.  He and I saved vs for a year to get one but it seems I forgot we had it.  All is good.  Man i broke some real nice stuff.  Its funny because i stayed away from smithing with my val hammer and making bows with a val fletching tool as I dont know much about really what is best or not and didnt want to waist them.  hah So i got brave and made up a bunch of stuff then picked out the what I thought would be the best and promptly broke em.   dangit.   Now i need to go back on the hunt for some new tools before will parish gets back on or he's gonna laugh at me.  Oh, I guess he's gonna read this thread anyways.  Laugh away Will.  If you were on more you could have saved me some nice weaps.  LOL   I Love Sylvan.