everlasting verification message....

Started by Cpt_Starfox, June 20, 2007, 03:12:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cpt_Starfox

Greetings and solutions all... well I wish I had solutions hehe  ::)

Anyway... I just got my account and am trying to get in.  I have used the One-click gateway link and it gets it into my UOGateway, but when I try to use it... it takes "forever" verifying the account.  It's been a while (oh yea... a long while... like years) since I've been in UO, so I figure maybe my stuff is old or I'm doing something wrong... I dunno.  ???

So... HEEEEEeeeeeellllp.... please  :(

and thanks  :)

Cpt_Starfox

Ok... I've done some more research to figure out what I'm using and so forth so that maybe someone here can help me....

UO version 4.0.2a (patch 137).... or is that (I37)   ?
Latest version of UOGateway (1.9.0.1266 or something)
No Razor

Maybe I need more patches?  How do I do that if so?
I'll keep working on it myself, but if anyone can help... please do  =)

-edit-
I remembered there was some sort of UO Auto Patching thing, so I've found and started that thing going... I'm on Dial-up so maybe it will be done by the end of the year  :-\

Wow... I really have been out of this thing for a while!

Cpt_Starfox

Ok... I guess my client is just too old.  It won't patch.  I looked into getting the Mondain's Legacy game client, but from what I read, to use that client I'd need to purchase a Mondain's Legacy Upgrade Code or Account Creation Code.  I don't ever remember having to buy anything to play UO.  Now, I am confused... please help!   :(

Thane ir'Wyndan

If you look in your UO folder there should be something with an UO symbol that says patches.  Click that and go up to patch. 5.06 or so that should let you in.

Time is a healer, time is a stealer, time is an angel, time is a devil that burns.
http://s7.bite-fight.us/c.php?uid=91111

Thane ir'Wyndan

You can download the ML client for free from the UO website.  You won't have any problems playing here with said client.

Time is a healer, time is a stealer, time is an angel, time is a devil that burns.

Cpt_Starfox

As I believe I saw in another post... the same is happening with me:
"Starting patch session...
Transferring patch information
Downloading patch gold_win32_4-0-3a.rtp( 4862593 bytes )
Downloading patch gold_win32_4-0-3a.pat( 17 bytes )
Applying patch patch\gold_win32_4-0-3a.rtp
Error applying patch
Error during session
Your client may not be the most recent version.
You may be able to play the game with your current client.
Check http:\www.uo.com for help on resolving patching issues.
Click OK to play the game or Cancel to abort."

I guess this means I need to download the new one from the site.  But it tells me this on the site:
"Don't forget! Having the Mondain's Legacy game client does not mean you are entitled to play the new content. For that, you will need a Mondain's Legacy Upgrade Code or Account Creation Code. "

I don't wanna miss out on all the custom content this place has!  ...or will this have no effect?  What does this mean or should I even worry about it?

If I do downlaod this monster of a file download, I guess I'll have to do it at work... either that or tie up our phone line for a few years LOL

By the way, thank you very much  =)

Jager

Okies. Lets see if I can help.

If you download that ML Client you will not need to patch at all. Uninstall and reinstall UO and gateway in that order. use the 1-click gateway link. Download the server patches. And you should be good to go.

Jager

P.S.: 90% of this shards custom content is downloaded through gateway, So patching to OSI shouldn't matter much. But it is recommended to patch to at least 5.0.0. Which is handy because the ML download comes patched to there'abouts. Just to double check, make sure you are trying to download from: http://www.uo.com/uoml/downloads.shtml

I have found the FTP option to work best for me. And it is  looong download on dial-up :(

Cpt_Starfox

That does seem to be the site I was using to get the download... it does say:

"Don't forget! Having the Mondain's Legacy game client does not mean you are entitled to play the new content. For that, you will need a Mondain's Legacy Upgrade Code or Account Creation Code. "

But, I guess that doesn't matter since the custom content of this place doesn't depend on that   :)

Yeah... on dial-up I might not see you in game for a few years hehe... but I can get it quicker using the fast connection at my work (Thank goodness), so I can hope to see you all soon!

Forest Rithik

I use an ancient BETA version of Samurai Empire, I don't patch to OSI I still get into the game with pretty much no problems what so ever (aside from the occasional Black-Hole zone, but only found two of those and one only works part-time) (Yes I know I'll have to change stuff eventually but meh :-P).

I followed the stuff listed in the following Link.

http://www.sylvanheart.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=48.0

^ That should get you ingame regardless of client, I've seen people ingame who use Gold, AoS/3Dawn, SE and ML clients.

I never did like the One-Click setup thingy, don't think its works properly for some people.

We don't even use any of the ML junk features, don't need it in my opinion. That said I think we use the very occasional piece of ML artwork/ graphics but I can't be overly sure about that. All custom features will come down via Gateway :-), so you won't miss anything. Though if you do use an ancient or very old client I would atleast suggest patching until you get to the Samurai Empire graphics, progressing again onto either updating your client to ML or patching up to ML as and when ML stuff starts turning up on the shard more frequently.

That Message you found only applies to OSI, Official Ultima Online shard peoples, we are Unofficial Free Shard peoples :-)

*A brief note the Original/ Official UO as always been a Pay to Play deal ever since it left the games original BETA stage about 10 years ago, while UO Free Shards have been around a little less as long and for the most part have been entirely free to play (P2P for Free shards takes said shard from a grey legal area to a definitive red legal area). Though some Free shards cap you at one character and charge you for premium accounts to be able to make 4 more characters :-/, Other then that Official/ OSI shards periodically usually during new expansion/ client releases give prospective new players like a 45 day free-trial play, until it turns into P2P.*

Cpt_Starfox

Well... I tried to download ML... and actually got the huge thing, but it tells me it is not a valid win32 executable or something   :-\

So, I went back to my old stuff and reinstalled it (after all the uninstaling of course).  Got it patched up to something like 4.0.0p

Then I got Sylvan Heart into the gateway and got in.  I got all the way past creating a char then it pretty much freezes and only shows the main screen (with the "My UO", "Account", "movie", etc... buttons) with nothing in the middle, no login boxes or anything... nothing.  It sits there playing music and showing me nothing   :(

Maybe I should try to patch again... I'll try, but I think it went as far as it is going to.  What can I do... I was sooo close  :'(

-edit-
It is patching more... here's hoping it patches all the way!  *waits for patches to finish and hopes it works*

Valius

Okay, this is what you need to do...

1.) Uninstall UO completely. *
2.) Download Mondain's Legacy from www.uo.com (or pop in your cdrom)
3.) Install it completely.
4.) Go to your patch directory. Normaly "C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Ultima Online Mondain's Legacy\patch"
5.) Create a file named "uoml_win32_5-0-6d.rtp" and make it read-only. * *
6.) Run UO normaly to begin that Auto-Patcher and patch it fully.
7.) Download and Install UOGateway 1.9.0.1266 (latest).
8.) Download and Install Razor (Version 1.0.0). NOT the new one! * * *
9.) Fire up UOGateway and select you favorite shard.
10.) Let your shard's patch finish. Sometimes UOGateway will pause for a while and appear to be stuck. Just wait it out.
11.) Pay attention. I said there were only 10 steps.

* Only nessesary if you have patched past patch 5.0.6c
* * If using UO Gold or Samurai Empire, the filename should be "uose_win32_5-0-6d.rtp"
* * * Razor is optional.

Thane ir'Wyndan

Quote from: Valius on June 21, 2007, 08:33:23 AM
Okay, this is what you need to do...

1.) Uninstall UO completely. *
2.) Download Mondain's Legacy from www.uo.com (or pop in your cdrom)
3.) Install it completely.
4.) Go to your patch directory. Normaly "C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Ultima Online Mondain's Legacy\patch"
5.) Create a file named "uoml_win32_5-0-6d.rtp" and make it read-only. * *
6.) Run UO normaly to begin that Auto-Patcher and patch it fully.
7.) Download and Install UOGateway 1.9.0.1266 (latest).
8.) Download and Install Razor (Version 1.0.0). NOT the new one! * * *
9.) Fire up UOGateway and select you favorite shard.
10.) Let your shard's patch finish. Sometimes UOGateway will pause for a while and appear to be stuck. Just wait it out.
11.) Pay attention. I said there were only 10 steps.

* Only nessesary if you have patched past patch 5.0.6c
* * If using UO Gold or Samurai Empire, the filename should be "uose_win32_5-0-6d.rtp"
* * * Razor is optional.

Actually no you didn't say there was only 10 steps so step 11 is flawed, making the rest of your explaination suspect.   ;)

todd0168

hehe   Good one Thane.  Keep him on his toes.

8)

Valius

Oh, you didn't see the explanation? Don't blame me if you're not special enough

Actually, it's something I copy and pasted from the uogateway forums  ;D

Cpt_Starfox

LOL!

Ooh so that's why... seems Thane and I both spotted it  ;)

Any who, it works!  Thank you all so very much for all the help!  I have enjoyed my first day ingame as Link of Urak, and I hope to enjoy another great day in your lands today =)

Tiz hoping to see you all then!

PS
Step #5  (Create a file named "uoml_win32_5-0-6d.rtp" and make it read-only.) didn't jump me ahead to download that patch like I thought it would... (I guess it was just supose to put a "stopping point" in there?)  it kept wanting to start where it left off even after I cleared the patch folder of all but my newly named file.  I only got it patched up to 4.0 something (~4.0.11 ?) then it was a big patch for my dialup, and I wanted to hurry and try it out again and see if it worked... So I did, and it seems to work just fine  :)

PSS
I also just stuck with my old stuff since I couldn't get ML to run... but I guess the patches got it far enough to work.