ConnectUO Works! (Mostly!)

Started by Alder Ogham, June 23, 2007, 02:00:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alder Ogham

Okay folks, I know it's been a long wait... *mutters about ConnectUO needing a windows machine*

BUT

ConnectUO now works correctly (so far as I can tell) with our patches (for those techie people, I had to create an MUO to do it, because their patch system doesn't support custom .exes)

So, all you need to connect to SH with ConnectUO is :

When you run the "ConnectUO Desktop" application, simply scroll down and find us in the list.  Once you have found us, you can add us to your favorites and then click PLAY!

You get our customs, our logon, and the icky blue quest button from ML, along with the extra slot on the paperdoll for the helmet!

Note for people already using ConnectUO who want our prettiness... If you click "DETAILS" by our description, you will find a new option appears called "RESET PATCHES", remember that from the old Gateway days?  I don't know if it's necessary, but it certainly doesn't do any harm to click it - especially if you don't get our custom login screen.

todd0168

Hmmm  Do we need to uninstall UOGateway to do this Alder?  I have an install of ML patched to 5.0.6e and when I loaded through ConnectUO I didn't get the main custom login gump, had the extra thingys you mentioned but none of the custom stuffs.  =(  I even tried unsetting and resetting the patches through CUOD.  Am I doing something wrong?

8)

Alder Ogham

Okay, let's try this once again!  Currently we have a much bigger file download than is strictly necessary but everything works!

If you're using a client somewhere above 5.0.1f you probably won't get our login screen.

If someone wants to look at our patches and make a single .muo file that is smaller and works, feel free to do so.  Our patch url is http://www.sylvandreams.co.uk/newpatches/muo.txt .

Mirage

Is there a way to get razor to work with connect uo?

toddp0168

Razor does work with ConnectUO, but unfortunately, all of our custom dresses and some stuff like that don't work right now on CUO.

Mirage

Okay so how do i get it to work with connectuo? *Nudges* And i don't need to be pretty to macro hehehe

toddp0168

Just download and install CUOD and then run it like you would on UOGateway.  Find SH in the server list, add it to favorites and click play.  It should auto load the patches and you are on your merry little way.

Mirage

*Sighs and softly pokes Gale a few times* You know i adore you but beh. I know how to download and use ConnectUO I don't know how to connect razor to ConnectUO silly one. hence me asking!

toddp0168

There should be an option, like in Gateway, to allow razor to load on startup.  I will look and see if I can find it and post for you where I found it.

toddp0168

Ok.

In the top grey bar of the CUOD program is the opiton for tools, and then in there click options.  The very first tab you are on Client/Razor allows you to check a box to launch razor with client.  That should do it.