What is a Talitha? or Ταλιθα (correct spelling)

Started by Talitha, December 25, 2013, 03:17:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Talitha

Well, I have been asked a few times what is a Talitha.  The answer isn't an easy one.  Talitha is a new staff member who hopes to help guide players and the shard into many more years of joy.  I am here for all of you both player and staff.  Im very new and green and my learning curve will be steep.  I have been lost already 2 times here at Sylvan Heart shard and both times I was amazed at what I found.  I promise to do all I can to help and as well, I promise to be sure to say "I am sorry I cannot do that you will need to contact a Senior Member of Sylvan Staff" any time I can.  haha

Now to answer your question: "what is a Talitha". or in the the ancient form Ταλιθα. I chose this name because I like the sound of it and as well, the story is intriguing

the short answer is She was a little girl of Jewish decent who was very ill and died after a time. She and her family was visited shortly after her death by a great man.  She was resurrected from her death and there are writings about this event, the events prior and post her resurrection. Take a moment if you wish and read about it.  

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talitha_Cumi#Talitha_kum_.28.CE.A4.CE.B1.CE.BB.CE.B9.CE.B8.CE.B1_.CE.BA.CE.BF.CF.85.CE.BC.29

Mark 5:41
And taking the hand of the child, he said to her, "Talitha cumi "(Ταλιθα κουμ), which translates as, "Little girl, I say to you, get up."