opinions requested on this one.

Started by Mina, January 28, 2009, 06:50:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you think that sockets being removed will improve this shard?

yes, will allow more group play.
8 (27.6%)
No, I wont be able to hunt that way.
0 (0%)
Yes, it will be better that way.
1 (3.4%)
No, it wont be better that way
15 (51.7%)
I really Dunno...
5 (17.2%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Abbadon

I say just lock this thread already lol.

This topic is not something that can be voted on because everyone has his own side - not to mention some of it is getting out of hand into a personal feud.

Stop reading! Lock it!

Skynar

as usual...

1. shakka i deco because i like too.. that doesnt mean i wouldnt like to kill king kong mobs also
2. i have been working furiously  but when you cant afford the sockets or armor because they go for outragous prices. and only the people who already have them can affford to buy them. and when you find mythics in a blue moon that are actually rubys or emeralds... and legendary are scarce also
3. everyone from the beginning failed to see the one true point... Since this shard promotes family  and  team play.. why make it as it is now  so theyre is not much of that.  So my response to most is if you want to Hunt alone  Go to another shard because isnt this shard about family and teams.  Losing the sockets would clear that up real quik.
4. Why add more and stronger Mobs when we all know that the more.. the more lag..  So you would rather have more lag and issues with crashes then simply keeping the great mobs that are here and doing away with sockets. And since you all have stated that you really dont rely on them in one form or another here... why are you so adament to keep them?    just another sign or superiority for ego's?
5. why should i be forced to spend 8 hours killing what is in my range when , because of sockets, Other people can do in 30 minutes.
6. wow fun I get to go kill the same thing over and over for 6 months straight and then I may have some decent money  at which point i get outbid by someone with 10x the gp I have.

Its all easy for you to say  go grind away  when you dont have too.  I have put my work in and its bored me silly because it goes nowwhere because of the current way it is.

sorry  if people dont like what i say  but it doesnt make any of it less true.

Shakka

Quote from: Skynar on February 05, 2009, 12:36:45 AM
Its all easy for you to say  go grind away  when you dont have too.  I have put my work in and its bored me silly because it goes nowwhere because of the current way it is.

That's true, I don't have to grind away anymore.  But I had to at one time, to get enough gold to socket up.  That was my goal back then.  I did that long ago for many months and now I have my sockets to enjoy.   Haven't you ever tried hunting in Homare, Tokuno?  That's where I farmed pleasing amounts of gold back before I got sockets.  I killed Oni's, Tsuki Wolves, Bake Kitsune....and no sockets.  Was tough but was fun too.  I hunted Destard many many times.  Again, was tough with no sockets but not impossible.  Go try there for awhile.  Not saying you will make the gold to power up in one night but it beats clomping orcs.  You need to keep in mind that all of the so-called overpowered players here were not always that way.  We all worked to get what we have now and enjoyed getting here.  At least I did anyway.

I don't think doing away with something that most ppl like to "force" them to hunt together all the time would be a very wise approach.  Nobody likes to be forced into doing something, especially when it comes to a (mostly) recreational activity such as a video game.  I enjoy group hunts as well but I do hunt alone alot too.  I am just a loner at times.  Also, I'm pretty sure you can acquire sockets rather inexpensively if you talk in the right way to the right person.  If you have a miner, you can always mine the val and get cheaper that way.  Though the last few items I had done, I paid for the val because......mining stinks on ice lol.  And I'm like Crimson, I horde my hard earned gold pretty much.  But anyway, bottom line is I've been here over 3 years.....I think I should have something to show for it and I do :)

raven

i think  giting rid of sockiting wold be a ba dae it is waht brings pople to are sherd  git  ride that  it may   be the end of syalven heart

Admin Acacia

There have been a lot of good discussions here... and then there has been plenty of not playing nice.   I think we all get the idea and Staff will take it all into consideration.   Probably enough has been said here as it is.   

Never be less than your dreams.