laptop docking station info anyone??

Started by Festus, June 19, 2013, 01:40:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Festus

well having discovered that playing UO on a laptop is quite difficult if one isnt used to it, I am looking at docking bays so i can have a normal mouse and monitor as well as use my external speakers and mic.  If anyone has any info Id sure apreciate it.  My goal is to "USE MY LARGE MONITOR AND MY NORMAL MOUSE AND KEYBOARD.  anything else is a bonus.   INFO???

Cypress

What is the brand and model of the laptop you are using?

Garrick

I find that using a standard lap tray, cooling fans optional, with my external speakers and a USB mouse offer me the same control and feel of a tower PC just with a smaller screen set up.  I've been using laptops since before I started playing UO and have rarely had a problem with this setup

will parrish

Aye I play on a laptop and use a wireless mouse and it works great for me. But I also have the number keypad on my right side as well which allows me for easy macro setup. See ya in the morning Ole Friend  ::)

Festus

Make is HP Pavilion Entertainment PC.  Model is dv6-2057cl.  It was pretty much top of the line a couple years ago.
Other things I see written on it is:
SD-MS/Pro-MCC xd
Altec Lansing
SRS Premium sound
Windows 7
Premium vision AMD
Pavilion dv6

If you need more to get me good info Garrick or Cypress let me know and or tell me what ya need and where to find it.  As you all know im not to bright when it comes to this kind of stuff.

Thanks all.

PS.  Will parish.  Yesterday was great.  I look forward to another day. 
OH YA!! BTW.  Im pretty sure me and Will got a very Rare Color Magic Carpet yesterday.  We are also still looking for those higher level tmaps.  Im pretty sure it will be purely a accidental find it we ever do find it as this is a  pretty large world with many oportunities to perma hide an item or spawn.  hehe

Cypress

I looked it up to see what ports it has.

External Ports
•5-in-1 integrated Digital Media Reader for Secure Digital cards, MultiMedia cards, Memory Stick, Memory Stick Pro, or xD Picture cards
•4 Universal Serial Bus (USB) 2.0, 4th port shared with eSATA
•2 Headphone out
•1 microphone-in
•HDMI
•1 VGA (15-pin)

•eSATA + USB 2.0
•1 RJ-11 (modem)
•1 RJ -45 (LAN)
•1 notebook expansion port 3
•1 Consumer IR (Remote Receiver)

Your computer looks like it has all the external ports it needs to connect a monitor, keyboard, and mouse.