Skill

Started by Arwynor Azura, August 03, 2007, 05:08:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arwynor Azura

I logged on Zelos today and he had 100 resist. I started to macro magery and when I got to 4th circle spells I casted arch protection and my resist fell to 65. I thought it was nothing and left it alone. My razor says my base resist is 100 and value is 65.  I just wanted to know why my resist fell by 35 pts when i casted arch protect once. I have 793 skill points and all my skills were set for up when it happened and still is now.
:-[

Kydaer Shol

ok few things........ first, is that all the resists combined? if it is then you probably cast a magery spell that lowers your resists...... there are two that messes with your resists, armor one and protection? take off all armor and cast those until you get to 0's again then you should be right on target

Forest Rithik

"Protection: Allows you to cast spells without being interrupted. Lowers physical resistance, resist magic skill and spell casting speed (by 2). Lasts until cast again."

----

Arch protection is exactly the same the only difference is, that it can effect multiple characters in a radius (Think Arch-Cure).

Re-cast Protection or arch protection onto yourself and you resist will go back to 100 or what ever it was/ is at now as will your casting speeds.

Put simple, you suffered one of the fixed drawbacks to the protection spell, simply just recast it and it should go back to the way it was.

Arwynor Azura

Thanks for the help. I thought I had to macro resist all over again. :P

Cpt_Starfox

I tried to use protection and my physical resist was still 70...  ???
I also tried to use evasion while protection was on, and it told me that I was already casting a spell. Sometimes it works sometimes it tells me that.  Is this a bug?  ???

Forest Rithik

If your Phys resist was still 70 after turning on Protection spell, then that means that you have well over 70 Phys resist, perhaps something like 80 or 85 in total, so that when you do suffer a hit/ penalty to your phys resist its not as bad since you still have more then 70 resist.

For example, if I cast Vampiric Embrace on my Necromancer I will loose 25 of my Fire Resistance as a penalty. If I had only 70 Fire Resist in total then this would mean that my fire resist would drop to 45. If I had 85 in Total fire resistance (although only 70 of that 85 is typically counted on in equations) If I was to cast VE while I had 85 Fire Res then it would only drop to 60 even though only 70 of the 85 is usually recognised. That is likely why you still have 70 Phys.

*Also bonus's to Resistances from say other Necro-forms can also help off-set this type of penalty.

Evasion always works while Protection is turned on, though the casting speeds are different, usually without + or - mods to FC you cast Evasion more or less instantly at 0 casting speed. At -2 Casting speed it takes about 8 seconds to fully go off. It is not a bug, it is a indirect penalty brought on through another moves direct penalty. Just get +2 FC and you should be fine with Evasion.

Cpt_Starfox

Ty! Now, I want to find something to increase my casting speed by at least 2 so I can use protection with almost no penalty  ;D (I hope since I don't use magic resist anyway lol)