BOD Trading

Started by kathymarie, July 02, 2007, 08:06:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kathymarie

As a crafter I run into the problem of  sometimes tearing my hair out trying to find that  certain BOD to fill a large one.  Yes you can use the transmutation boxes to change  them and i use those quite a bit, but I had an idea of  maybe finding other  people that have the same problem and possible setting up trades.  I wanted to make sure that this would not violate any rules or anything.  If we were able to do this we would have to think of an easy way to communicate to others what we needed.  I thought maybe we could use the forums for this.  Maybe  people could post what they needed .  We could even roleplaynit in game and have a "trading party" Of course it would be best if these "parties" would be held in someones home.  Say for example I said I was having a trading party at said time on said date anyone who would like to attend is welcome.   Not only would it help crafters fill orders it would also serve as a social gathering for our characters.
any chance anyone would be intersted in anything like that?

todd0168

I would absolutely love this idea.  Islandi is always whining and complaining about how if she could just get one more small BOD she could fill a large order and get me my precious clothing bless deeds and what-not.  So you just tell me when and where, and I will make darn sure Islandi is there with bells on. 

8)

kathymarie

I know what you mean,  I think i have about 4 large ones sitting there just waiting for just one more small deed to complete the order.  If we can come up with a few more interested  crafters I am sure I can  arrange a party sometime in the near future. 

Valius

On neocron, there's a website where you could add the rare item parts that you had on your characters, and then display them to others.

What if someone was to make an excell document with all the bods on it - then people could host that somewhere so that people could see what was on offer?

Flint

Flints always interested in doing some swapping just give me a holler.
Flint the Dwarf
Raist
Tanis

kathymarie

Quote from: Valius on July 02, 2007, 10:24:23 PM
On neocron, there's a website where you could add the rare item parts that you had on your characters, and then display them to others.

What if someone was to make an excell document with all the bods on it - then people could host that somewhere so that people could see what was on offer?

An excel document is certainly something I will have to look into and see what I can do. 

As for the trading party,  Could anyone interested give me some dates and times that would be convenient? I would like to pick a time that would be convenient for as many as possible.  Also is the question of how to conduct the trading.  it would be a mess to have everyone talkinga t once....so maybe one person at a time would get up and  announce the  orders they have to trade.  or maybe I  secure  books (labeled with names of course) for people to browse.  Any suggestions on the easiest way to arrange this would be appreciated.

todd0168

I would suggest that we all put something together (a book maybe) listing all the small BODs that we are looking for.  Then we can all bring our books, and we can set them out and you can lock them down.  Then everyone can peruse the books making note of who needs something that you might have an extra of.  Then we can take turns trying to trade with people who we have BODs for.  There might be an easier way but I'm not sure.  Anyone else with any ideas?

8)

Flint

A book with small bod's in probaly the best idea Fae.
Flint the Dwarf
Raist
Tanis

kathymarie

I was thinking about all this and with only 1 person to be able to lock things  and set things up could be a headache because  things could happen to prevent one person from being able to set up and changing  locations due to someone ot being able to be online could be confusing for others that may want to take part.  Now this is  my idea..it may sound silly just for trading and stuff but....i am full of silly ideas.  I have my very first home..the size i am not sure of because it started as a prebuilt..it is small though.  I could make say flint and fae, or really anyone else that would be interested if they didnt want to do it, and make them co-owners of the home.  I think co-owners can do about anything in a home except build right?   The reason I propose this is  because if  more than one person can secure things in a house and move things around it would make it easier to arrange  get togethers if i was not able to be present.  I could  make the house public so anyone could get in there and look around.  maybe even put a public chest for crafting donations?  I could make a bunch of recall runes to the location.  The only downfall is it is a small home but if i could get a few people to agree to be co-owners i could even tear that one  down and place a larger one.   I would have a bank stone, stable stone and I would furnish it  with everything a crafter would need (in the case of visitors that do not have  the items in their own home) I know it sounds like a guild house but thats not what i am proposing.  I am not very good with words and explaining what i am thinking, I hope I have not confused anyone.  And of course this would be a place where trading parties would occur.  let me know what you think.

todd0168

Ok, I guess the BOD book thing will work for y'all, but I have almost 1000 BODs in 6 books, so I can't  just put a book down and say here are my extras.  But I have a very easy way if someone tells me, hey I need a small dull copper 20 exceptional ringmail gloves, to look it up and see if I have an extra one.  So for me to trade out to people I will actually need to know what they are looking for.  But however you guys set it up I'll play along. hehe

And Kathy, the house idea sounds great.  It seems like for now we don't have a large crowd so the small house will be fine.  If we get a larger crowd over time we can take donations from the attendees to help fund the construction of a large meeting place.

8)

Almost forgot, I am available weekdays in the evening PST and then pretty much all day most weekends.

kathymarie

well i will go ahead and get the small house  ready and if you would  be willing to  be one of the co-owners fae catch up with me in game :) 

Kalif

Ooo i love the idea, Seeing as i did some buying of a bod yesterday from Kathy Marie. It makes me tear my hair out on Saleorn to fill BoDs so definetly count me in.

todd0168

I would be glad to help you with this Kathy.  I will do in on Islandi who is my master crafter.

8)

kathymarie

The crafters Trading Post is pretty much set up.  I have a book at the entrance on a small table I would like anyone who comes for the first time to read.  We have a bank stone, stable stone (please do not ride animals inside..its a little cramped), seating for any gatehrings, a spinning wheel, loom, forge,anvil, flour mill, oven, water trough and a toolbox (this is open for anyone to use) does anyone know if  I secure books would anyone be able to write in them?  I guess I could put up a bulletin board but I would like to be able to have books for people to write in also. 

Fawndel

I'm interested in this adventure. ;D  I'd like to ask however where this house is?