website

Started by Mina, November 27, 2008, 06:42:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mina

???  i thought we had a website...  shall we have a competition to see who can make a shard website?    that would be fun ... ::)

Thane ir'Wyndan

We have asked before if anyone knew about making websites, we need one badly.  If any players know how to make this let us know.

Time is a healer, time is a stealer, time is an angel, time is a devil that burns.
http://s7.bite-fight.us/c.php?uid=91111

Skynar

whatta ya wanna know? I have made a few in the past  and I am the owner(programmer/makes all the decisions/fixes it) of my companys internal portal(website).   want quik and dirty?  want boards  what you want?  Easiest would be to get a host that support Joomla  and can whip one up in no time. And with the graphics talent we have here could prob make something pretty dang nice.   You give me a layout and Ill code it.

Khayman

Marlenus

Quote from: Skynar on November 28, 2008, 01:24:11 AM

whatta ya wanna know? I have made a few in the past  and I am the owner(programmer/makes all the decisions/fixes it) of my companys internal portal(website).   want quik and dirty?  want boards  what you want?  Easiest would be to get a host that support Joomla  and can whip one up in no time. And with the graphics talent we have here could prob make something pretty dang nice.   You give me a layout and Ill code it.

Khayman

Site's already in Joomla. Check out www.sylvanheart.com.. It is just not complete.
The shovel does not actually hit the ground or the stone or the cave floor.. nor does the fishing pole hit the water. There is no spoon.. *puts on Matrix sunglasses*

Skynar

soooo what the problem? hehe

Lamalas Telemnar

I think we really really need a website badly so if some 1 out there talented enough to do us 1 hats off to you. Some of the stuff we need on webpage a  lil history on the shard, to be able to link voteing sites to it, to somehow make it where if people search for uo shards it will generate hits. I might be asking alot but this a few of the things i would like to see.

Skynar

heck that stuff is easy Lama.  its the really kewl graphics that  i stink at LOL   give me a pic of what you want and what stuff on it and I can make the code behind it.  And since this is a Joomla core  it opens up all kinds of fast and simple possibilities  as alot of the stuff and addons are already written. so just download em and plug em in. Heck with joomla you could even easily set up subsite creation for the guilds and stuff.  Neat core to work with.

Mina

:-[  *sighs*   wish i could figure out this jomla thang..really not following the idiots guide.  lol

Gonna play wiv it again this weekend seeing as i got a day off from wurk  yay... if i dont get the hang of it, i'll make a something quick like the uogateway page i got for shard to get some hits going..
  Uo gateway page i made has shard writtenm all over it, lol   on first page if ye type uo gateway  woot

Erif

I would like to make a vote that Skynar to be in charge of making the website.  ;D

Mina

whatever happened with this idea..  seems to have fizzled out a bit?
I was looking at www.sylvandreams.co.uk today and man..  shard really int gonna get found with them keywords now.  and needs a lot better description on homepage too, plus link to homepage is wrong address (takes ye back to sylvan heart no workie page). Do you guys got the sylvan heart name? i found a site that said it was for sale, ,lol..  woot  that would be nice..  anyways...ganna play with my site a bit now and see what i can do.. *bored*

I'll make a page that is replica of our sylvandreams page and link it to it...change some wording and content etc..  name it.. err..  www.sulexservices.com/sylvanheart.htm  and then try promoting it thru company budget  rofl.   

Unless skynar is doing something...?

Skynar

Tornaway92

Woo hoo, I fully back Mina in this new website idea, we need to get the player count up a bit! I've had times when I was the on player online on the shard :(

Hehe, if theres anything I can help out with, I would be keen, even if its just to test the site for bugs and whatnot ^^
Who am I?
-Sabertache (possibly?)
-Ibanez Gibson (probably?)
-Lycander (maybe?)

R.I.P Dimebag we all miss you...

Admin Acacia

I love this shard... the players, everything... have for nearly 4 years.  I know lots of stuff, can do lots of stuff, but....  I am clueless on doing a website.  I will be so happy to have anyone wishing to get us set up.

Never be less than your dreams.

Antorrias

I do some web design.  Lemme know what your wanting and I'll see what I can come up with.

Mina

back from my travels...   emm  kinda scruwed up my pc tho so am gonna have to instal game stuff all over again... bah humbug...  and i'll go play with the pretend website again to see if i can overcome my iliteracy with joomla so we can get a proper shard site goin  hehe..