Immortals drop list

Started by felipe maia, December 01, 2007, 09:26:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

felipe maia

Hello,

I've been a lot to Felluca lately and noticed that most of the monsters are quite immortal. If you're very strong you'll spend more than 10 minutes to kill them.
There are plenty of those strong beeings and you're always wondering: "What will this thing drop?", after all it takes 10 minutes or more to kill it, not counting the time you spend to find it and go there walking or through boat.
Most of the times these things will only drop money, after all, rares are named rares because they're rare.
So if you're a hunter you'll be very frustrated, wondering what the thing will drop and knowing you'll have to kill it 100+ times to find out.
There are some items on show on Magincia that even say where they may be found.
What I suggest is giving the name of the monster and it's drop, so if people find it, they may see wheter it's worthy killing it or not to them. Some people like rare deco, some others like rare armour, some others like whatever.
That way, a list would be created with the names of the super monsters and what they possibly drop.
Notice that I am not suggesting what you say where you may find them. I actually disliked the show on magincia having the town names instead of the monster names. I do believe that half the fun is finding the stuff, but to find it and have to kill 100+ times is way too tiresome.
It would also be nice that this list was in game, for example sold (for a high price) by the felluca dark lords (or whatever they're named).
I've spoken to Acacia about this and she said I should post in here. She doesn't know what drops what because it's her minions that set it up.
Anyway, I think this would help a lot. If you guys have noticed, all other succesfull online games (namely wow) have this sort of thing.

Forest Rithik

Unfortunately I am against a list of who drops what when it comes to rares or specials (As per rules on disclosing publicly locations of specials/rares), especially from items from Fel the only exception being the town deco pieces that should be more or less easily decipherable by comparing name/ deco theme with town theme and since they are already on display and openly talked about....

Off top of my head; Bird house = Eldenari/Yew (Nature/ Centaur), Boat = Buc's Den (Pirates), Ice Star = Trinsic (Ice Theme), Mystic Moo = Ani Pens (Evil Animals), Spikey rock thing (Elementals/Rocks) = Minoc..etc.

All the fun of smashing something new or rare for its loot comes from wondering what it will drop, while not knowing what it drops, again that is just my opinion but I am sure most people like that type of surprise. Also given the massive amount of movement on the shard and the fact that the special critters that drops arties or deco are static to where they spawn and also spawn pretty quickly (within an hour of falling usually) most people know where they are also so not including a name isn't going to hinder someone who as a traveling friend, as been through zones a lot or who will just keep asking via pm to a veteran for a location. One more thing, the town deco pieces drop from the leader of said town so its not exactly hard to work it out after lurking around a zone a little while

Killing a special 100 times for a single special drop is somewhat of an exaggeration, I've earned enough of the specials from the staffers, town drops as well as many of the out of Fel rares/ specials I usually got it them drop within 15 duels, expection so far being Slaver Gloves but that is a unlucky drop rate :-P

Also many online games don't actively support item archive/ map sites like for example Thottbot or Wowhead in the WoW universe, they aren't illegal by ToS standards but notice how things like PPM, PPH and actual drop figures are all added by players or calculated by what people submit to them or from site to addon  communications which after submition determines what what. I've found plenty of things in WoW over the years that aren't or haven't even listed as dropping from certain monsters meaning that Blizz doesn't release its details or locations to fan sites such as Wowhead. (Many of the items that are obscuer on there come from trawling Blizzards personal item index and then farming those creatures for 100 to a thousand times just to get relatively balanced figures and enough chance for a variety of drops..etc).

But we aren't maintaining player bases of 1000 - 9,000,000 and don't really need such sites or lists in my opinion.

Rocks Silivan

The drops in Fel are hard to get. but 100 is way an exaggeration. I have gotten the Trinsic drop 4 times in row killing the boss, and Ive gotten many of the drops in fel without kill bosses or monsters 5 or less times. I think there location and names and what they drop should be not told, and a surprise. Its the thrill of the adventure to find these beings and kill them down. Also, Fel was not made to be easy, it's for advanced players and needs a group of strong people to take down alot of stuff. I can solo some things but most requires a group to take bosses down. 

Kydaer Shol

Hi there *smiles* I have stated to many players that if we dropped them like candy, what would be the point in having it a rare? I personally know that most of the drop rates are within reason.... you may have just been in between someone else having got one.  We also test them to see about how many times they fall per and see if the perecent rate is within reason. Fel is supposed to support team rp and effort. This is why we created the have to walk/boat issue and the uber hard bosses. It was not meant to be taken on by one person alone. Even OSI had bosses that could not be taken by one person.

The problem lays with the augments, spells, and weapons that create the uber character. It makes it quite difficult to keep up with hard spawn that the players will not become bored. This is another reason we created Fel. If you see on Ultima website, they actually do not have a list of the rare drops, it was players that created other websites to give the downlow on them. It is supposed to be fun fighting creatures, the thrill of perhaps dying, and the very last thing is the drop. Luck of the draw. If it was too easy,,,,,,,,,,,, you would get bored. Period.

Dilut3d

I can also say on Brachus (my warrior), although ive never gotten but one of the town drops in fel, I have gotten countless other rares and semi-rares...its really all about setting out for adventure and be willing to spend 30-45 mins killing the same monsters to get what you want, afterall if you didnt have to work for it...what is the fun in that? For that matter, why not have the GM's give us 120.00 of each skill, the best weapons, the best armor, 3000 luck...etc,  see what i mean? nothing is immortal in this game but Npc's and GM's.....take a friend or twelve with ya next time, you might be surprised :)

Admin Acacia

I have said this over and over, but it seems we didn't do a very good job with the place... Felucca was NOT intended to be a solo warrior fighting area.  It was intended for group hunts.  Sadly, this stupid augment stuff we have in shard, which I have opposed since the beginning, has made it so everyone just has to have and be the most socketed uber warrior on the face of the planet.   That being said, the Felucca monsters will continue to be tough, and toughening, to keep up with all the god-like warriors we have out there.

As to the drops, I bet you wanna know what you are getting for Christmas before you open the package, don't ya?

* authors note...  The above tirade is partly serious.  :-)

Never be less than your dreams.

felipe maia

The ubber warriors are not just due to sockets. If the rotation special attacks didn't exist, most of the things would be much harder than they are now. It's easier for a warrior to kill a lot of things in one place than to kill it one by one. I do believe the socketing makes everyone god-like though.

Forest Rithik

Not having Whirl Wind never stopped Forest and some other endgamer from dealing with high level crowds, all having it could possibly do would make him/ them burn mana faster and slightly decrease combat time but survivability is still the same.