Meeting of all shard players.

Started by Kalif, May 31, 2008, 12:38:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kalif

Shard council will be holding a meeting for all players on server to get ideas on ways to improve the shard. Keep in mind we do not have a scriptor as of yet, so do not do too overboard......Date is planned for Friday, June 13th (friday the 13th muwhahaha) anyways, any ideas from u guys on a exact time is welcomed =) will announce exact time at a later date.

willow

I'm excited about another player meeting.  The last one was a huge success and many great ideas were brought up.  Yes, we do not have a scriptor but there are still some ideas that are very doable.  Friday the 13th, huh?  Great day for a meeting of the minds.  My time is very flexible so regardless of time set, I'll be there.

Aesa

Staff will not be present nor will we have hearall on so you can speak freely.  This is a time for the players to not only give ideas but discuss anything concerning the shard.

Forest Rithik

Quote from: Aesa on June 01, 2008, 03:46:28 AM
Staff will not be present nor will we have hearall on so you can speak freely.  This is a time for the players to not only give ideas but discuss anything concerning the shard.

Lies! you'll be invised and sneaking about  :D

Admin Acacia

QuoteLies! you'll be invised and sneaking about 

Only for you, Forrest.

Never be less than your dreams.

Serenity

I will not be able to attend. I will be on my way to Walt Disney World then.

joshua

I could help some in the scripting department if there is such need. I have been working as a software developer in C++, but I also did plenty of RunUo scripting.

Cpt_Starfox

*pokes Rocko*  careful... you don't know what you're getting into!  LOL  ;)
Ok, fair warning over....

*turns to crowd and grins*
Ok, quick load him down before he changes his mind!

*Rocko runs for the hills with a "request-happy" mob right on his tail*

LOL   :D

joshua

Quote from: Cpt_Starfox on June 10, 2008, 07:17:58 PM
*pokes Rocko*  careful... you don't know what you're getting into!  LOL  ;)
Ok, fair warning over....

*turns to crowd and grins*
Ok, quick load him down before he changes his mind!

*Rocko runs for the hills with a "request-happy" mob right on his tail*

LOL   :D

I usually work on things one thing at a time and communicate to others how much time I have available and what to expect, so it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

I understand I haven't been on the shard long enough to get much of a trust. In fact I couldn't even access my player account anymore probably due to several months of inactivity (well my real interest has always been on the design side). But if some credit is needed...I worked with Drocket from WOD for several months in 2006 as his assistant. I also got some scripts I wrote myself or modified from existing prototypes on my resume, including instanced quest dungeon (each quest get a copy of the dungeon), carpenter BOD, tinker BOD, hirlings (much like the WOD henchmen), automated PVM arena with score board, reagent grower addons, crops/trees with various events like fungus/pests, NPC town siege (much like the WOD town siege), then small bits of this and that, and currently working on a real-time strategy game in UO as my personal project.

Even though I don't have a lot of time, considering I got a little bit of experience already, small scale requests should be managable. Other than occasionally writing some bizzare features myself for fun, helping out a community in whatever amount I can contribute is always my pleasure.

Kalif

Alrighty folks, the time has been set. june, friday the 13th @ 8pm est! meeting will be in the council chambers in brit! be there with your ideas! =D

Erif

I will try to make it. I have a couple ideas for the shard. If I make it then I will bring them up.

Cpt_Starfox

Well stated Rocko - yeah... working as a programmer myself, I know a little about prioritizing and time allotting hehe.  I used to do a bit of UO programming as well... but I am rusty like I've lived in the rain for a few years lol.  Keep those UO skills of yours sharp!  You never know when you might need em hehe.

- edit -

I hope I can be there... but it doesn't look like I'm going to be able to make it.  If I do not.. two small concerns of mine and at least one idea are:

The rune removal bug

The purchased skin hue/race stone hues combo bug (not sure if this got fixed or not)
I'd like to see purchased hues be added to the list of hues on a person's race stone or at least become the default hue of the race stone.

A color stone might be an interesting idea... like the race stone except doesn't change a person's race/form... just their color to any of the colors they may have purchased. - This might also fix (or be a work around for) the above mentioned hue bug. (might also aid a little in some RP?)

Yeah... all scripting changes... heh

Yeah... the staff can read my stuff here whereas couldn't in the meeting (unless Forest is right lol), but meh... I care not - read onward lol  :D  I think I might as well post em in the suggestions area anyway lol.

Kalif

Meeting went very well. I want to thank all who came and gave us ur great suggestions and ideas.

Rocks Silivan

Rocko who was your character on WOD by the way

joshua

Quote from: Rocks Silivan on June 15, 2008, 12:05:27 AM
Rocko who was your character on WOD by the way

Character name was Joshua, forum name was Rocko123. I played for a few months and had some posts on the scripting forum, not long enough to leave something in anybody's memory. The only player who may remember me was probably a couple who used to live in a small house close to the moonglow dock, and I left my house and all my belongs to them before I left. I then spent more time with Drocket on his age of honor project in 2006, which didn't really take off, but that's what got me hook to RunUO scripting. Drocket had a great influence on my scripting style and take of the game.