Cant use recall or sacred journey in fel.

Started by Lucian Darkfire, October 24, 2012, 03:42:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucian Darkfire

So i know this is suposed to be like this, but i have been wondwering why? I know for PVP reasons you arnt suposed to be able to just vanish as soon as you get attacked... But no one realy PVPs here for the most part. I realy find it to just be kind of annoying that you have to run the entire world just to get back, lol. Any thoughts on this?

Iris

Fel is set up to be an Adventure for groups and just exploring the lands,  It give people a better look at where towns are and how to get to certain areas without the luxury of the recall or gating to get there.  untill i started runing fel, i Had no idea how to get to towns and different areas of tram except to just port there. With a few trips to fel , I learned the lay out of the lands and seen so many new and wonderful things and places i never new exsisted, those trips to Fel I always found to be the most fun and entertaining  of all my hunts on this Shard,
       now  if you find the running back to Britain a bit annoying then gather you some human ash from the monsters and trade those to the Shadow lords in Fel and get you some tram stones, I think it takes 2 human ashes for a tram stone,  and they allow you to open a one time Gate back to the same area of tram, for you and your group. I believe there are 2 shadow lords in fel one is just South of Britain in a little Gypsy camp. the other is on the little island just north of the trinsic swamp. in the building that leads to the lost lands of fel.  Just put a couple of the human ashes on there offering plate and they will in turn give you a tram stone. . But look at fel as adventure and just see all that it has to offer,  find the fun of the Adventure it can bring,

Lucian Darkfire

I understand not being able to gate, and the fun of exploring how to get from area to area, that has always been fun to me, i just find the fact of running back to be the pain. But i supose thats what tram stones are for. Just wondering if there was a reason in particular recall or sacred journey can be used to get back is all. But i supose that just adds to the adventure.

Garrick

Here's the explanation (as close as I can put it) I was given long ago for the ban on those spells in Fel.  In order to keep players from being able to farm the special tamables and stealables and drop that are dispersed throughout Fel those spells were kept on the ban list and the tram stones were made to make it easier to return once you got what you were seeking.  Fel was meant to be harder and more adventurous and dangerous than the other maps, so we spawned it as such.  The Fel we have now is actually a kiddie land in comparison to the Fel of old in a lot of respects but that isn't the matter at hand.

When you look at what can only be obtained in Fel you'll understand why travel spells were kept on the banned list for the map.

Festus

aye its much more dangerous.  Having spent over a month here developing a toon and learning new spells an skills as well as "trying" to learn the basic concept of Sylivan as to its phylosiphy (<spelling) on spawn agro mob setup i have learned the following in Fel.  (keep in mind ive played in fel exclusivly for hmmmm ever.

1. if your running in a hurry the spawn happens behind you usually
2. There is very little spawn outside dungons that can be soloed without a socketed player. (at least non that has a good drop)
3. It is fun there however as it is fun in tram since both are like I have never seen them before so im like a newby running around exploring and dieing when i see for instance, Reapers that took a couple ebolts to kill for years.  haha not here.
4.  It would be fun to go with a group with a leader that had a good idea what was were and what to expect.
5. dieing in fel is not at all a good thing as there are very few people that will travel there and healers can be difficult to find.
Finally
6. Who ever set up the spawn on Sylivan Heart shard actually put a lot of thought into it.  Its the best ever.  It forces a UO vet to relearn the entire game.  I seriously enjoy it here but just wish that when i logged on in the am there was more than 'just me" on.  hehe.  Thats the price i Pay for being an early riser.

Alaric McCree

I was here when Fel was made the way it is and I would add to the explanations but in the end it has pretty much all been covered. For those who want to go but need help there are a few players who make regular trips into Fel. Form a hunting party and go have some fun!
Sometimes the dragon wins, that's why there is such a shortage of white knights.

Lucian Darkfire

Again, wasnt insulting the way things were, just wondering why, lol. And if i cant recall in there how am i suposed to get away from Alaric and his Immortal dragon?!?!?! lol.