Lockpicking training.

Started by Lucian Darkfire, August 02, 2012, 12:19:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucian Darkfire

I was trying to train lock picking today, i have the skill fully bought from a tinker to 24.8 skill. I went to bucs den and tried to use the training boxes for 20-30 skill. I set a macro for it and watched for about 5 mins, and no skill gain, i tried later on and had it sitting there for 30 mins while cooking dinner and still no skill gain, i understand lock picking is supposed to be one of the hardest skills to train, but im starting to wonder if these "New" boxes for training are able to be trained on with this low of skill, has any one recently (withing the last month) trained from 20's skill on these boxes?

Miri

Silly question, but did you set up the macro correctly? I know I had some trouble training the same when Razor decided it'd put the re-lock before the pick-lock part. I've no idea why since it pretty much works out the same in the end.

Beyond that, though, I'm afraid I've no idea. I did recently train my lockpicking, but I started at 70.

Lucian Darkfire

It was a simple macro, just last item last target, i used the lock picks on the chest, then just left something on the button to do it over and over, i use this lay to train many skills. And before its asked i did check, the chest i was picking was still locked, didn't break a single pick or anything on it... it just kept saying "You fail to understand how this lock can be manipulated.".

Miri

Oh, if that's the message then the lock is too high for your skill level.
Check around Buccs Den. There's a theif guildmaster, or some such, wandering about behind the "Pirate's Den" who should be able to give you a few extra points to start off with.

Lucian Darkfire

Well that did the trick, thanks :-D

Just a heads up to the staff, apparently the 20-30 boxes arnt meant for skill levels 20-30 because at 24 skill i didn't have enough to even try.