Bulk Orders for other crafting skills

Started by Rosareven, December 04, 2007, 10:59:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rosareven

I apologize if this has been discussed before, but I did a search and couldn't find it being talked about, so here we go...

I'm a huge bulk order fan, and I don't do it just for the item rewards like say, runic hammer. I do it for role play, for some sense of accomplishment, for fun. Crafting is usually a boring aspect in most games, but bulk order system makes it so much more fun and worthy.

Recently my mind recalled some customised feature from other shard where they also created bulk orders for carpentry, tinkering, and even taming. As a bulk order fan, crafting becomes my main interest. But seeing only tailoring and blacksmithing get something to be busy for, other crafting skills, especially carpentry, become very situational and "decorative". Skilling up also feels more exhausting compare to the rewarding and fun BoDs that you can get while skilling up tailoring and blacksmithing on the way.

I suggest that we can have small BoD for Carpentry, Alchemy, Tinkering and other things capable of being fulfilled for NPC. Perhaps to keep the uniqueness of existing large BoD rewards, large BoDs will not needed from anything other than Tailoring and Blacksmithing. So that other crafting skills will get something to be busy for as well as a little bit of fun.

Please flame me for any stupidity involved in this suggestion  ;D

Forest Rithik

Yes this topic as been brought up several times in the past, though with recent forum cleanings only one or two topics remain (typically about Bow crafting/ Fletching BoDs in some form. Usually there is quite a bit of modification, testing and re-balancing that would have to come about some BoDs coding into the shard (We can't just use existing scripts due to likely compatibility issues with other scripts that have been altered..etc). As far as I know as a result of that it is still somewhere on the list of "To Do/Look into". Perhaps a senior staffer can clarify what the current stance/status is on BoDs for the other professions?

toddp0168

This topic has been discussed heavily among the staff and we are working on trying to come up with some ideas for BOD systems for other skill sets.

Rosareven

*three cheers for the staff*

Please let us know how it turns out  :D

Elanora

*awaits with eager anticipation more things for her to spend her time doing as a crafter*