80's cartoons for the win!

Started by Thane ir'Wyndan, September 08, 2007, 07:25:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thane ir'Wyndan

Time is a healer, time is a stealer, time is an angel, time is a devil that burns.
http://s7.bite-fight.us/c.php?uid=91111

Jager

lol that was awsome. Good find

Jager

Iggy

wow brings back childhood memories

Aderyn

Aaah. Makes me long for simpler times, as a little kid watching cartoons on Saturday morning. Man, I remember looking forward to Saturday mornings all week so I could watch all the awesome cartoons!

Lafarga

Now compare any one of those with the garbage thats on today.  I feel sorry for little kids that are growing up now.

Jager

I agree 100%

Our youth is going to be so messed up....

Jager

Aderyn

Tell me about it. I was having a little nostalgia fit and looking at cartoons from my childhood on Netflix, and reading the reviews people wrote about them. Parents were complaining that some of these cartoons were "too dark and scary" for children.

What were these cartoons? The "My Little Pony" cartoons and "The Care Bears" movies. Seriously. Their complaints seemed to be that the bad guys were mean and "spoke in gruff voices".

The mind boggles.

kathymarie

why is it everywhere I turn I feel old, LOL I remember all of those.  I agree  though, some of these cartoons that are around now are just crap..IMO of course.  Gee what happened to good old bugs bunny *sighs*

Cpt_Starfox

Quote from: Lafarga on September 09, 2007, 10:47:17 AM
Now compare any one of those with the garbage thats on today.  I feel sorry for little kids that are growing up now.

Quote from: Jager on September 13, 2007, 06:46:49 PM
I agree 100%

Our youth is going to be so messed up....

Jager

*nods*  :-\

Quote from: Aderyn on September 14, 2007, 06:13:54 AM
What were these cartoons? The "My Little Pony" cartoons and "The Care Bears" movies. Seriously. Their complaints seemed to be that the bad guys were mean and "spoke in gruff voices".

The mind boggles.

aye  ???

What ever happened to the good ole style of animation  :(  and "story lines" worth getting into!  One I really really miss... well it's my favorite so I guess that's why I miss it so much... anyway it is Sonic The Hedgehog (SatAM).  It's not the "Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog"... though I watched that too hehe... SatAM ruled... wonderfully animated and put in combo with some very dark and also touching story pieces. *thinks about it* aww man I miss it all over again... (I don't even remember getting to ever see that on TV but I still miss it lol)

I think Disney (one of classic animation's greatest leaders in my opinion)  is kinda trying to return to it... we shall see...

Anyway... Thanks Thane!  8)