Guild Tub

Started by Eliona, June 18, 2009, 03:21:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eliona

Hello,

SO I recently founded the guild, Rising From Ashes, and in an attempt to deco the guild house I have run into a situation. Some deco items I wish I could hue something special as they are special to the guild, or for example, sashes that were given to founding members, I was wishing I could hue them. While I acknowledge that you can hue items for 15 vs, I do not think this is practical for a situation involving many deco items and few player items. I was wondering what was thought of the idea of having a guild hue, and thus a guild tub (that the guildmaster was in charge of) to allow for guild unity in that way. Just a thought and I am more than open to suggestions or adaptations.

Thanks!
-Eliona

RFA!

Abbadon

Yes, I think its a good idea (as biased as my opinion would be LOL), there would have to be discussion on it... perhaps not an unlimited one but one with a very large number of charges, but of course cheaper than buying the 15 VS one individually multiple times (bulk order deals!).

Also I think this will encourage guild unity and pride by displaying your guild colours which is definately another plus.

*Puts on mask and makes sure nobody is looking*
"...rfa" *hides*

Thane ir'Wyndan

I like this idea and will see about giving it my backing.   ;)

Time is a healer, time is a stealer, time is an angel, time is a devil that burns.
http://s7.bite-fight.us/c.php?uid=91111

GM Feenix

This is a great idea... I will back it as well. A dye tub to provide unity in an organization only sold to the guild leader with a certain number of charges. Could be sold in Felucca costing XX amount of human souls. Initially containing lets say 15 charges and requires human souls to recharge?

It's not who's at the top that matters. Only the path you chose to get there.

Abbadon

Quote from: GM Feenix on June 19, 2009, 02:26:15 AM
This is a great idea... I will back it as well. A dye tub to provide unity in an organization only sold to the guild leader with a certain number of charges. Could be sold in Felucca costing XX amount of human souls. Initially containing lets say 15 charges and requires human souls to recharge?

Oooh, thats an awesome idea! Especially GOOD idea now that my VS are safe from usage.

*pats his VS and holds them close*

Shadhahvar

I like the idea of guild tubs and will surport it also.
Unicorns are the most beautiful creature

Aesa

I used to play on another shard that had a hue room where tons of special hues were spread out and guilds could buy the hue.  Once the hue was purchased it was unavailable for any other guild to use.  And a moongate was set up to their hue room.  If a non-guilded person was seen using the hue then their hued items would be taken away (even if it was special).  If the person left the guild then all items in the guild hue would be hued a normal hue.  Perhaps staff could pick out some special hues and make them available for purchase to guild leaders on a uni tub or even just a regular dye tub and clothing be hued, like sashes or cloaks to show your guild colors.

I think VS, Souls or Cash donations would  all be good ideas for purchase or recharge of uses.

Myrick

Great Idea Eliona a guild tub with a color that is unique is awesome. I also like the idea of using souls to recharge it as this will encourage group hunting in Fel. I hope to see this get teh approval and be available quickly.  8)

Mina

bagsie green colour  hehe 8)

Eliona

I am glad that this idea is being received well  ;D love to see it come about. And I LOVE Aesa's idea. It sounds great to me.

Admin Acacia

I like this idea myself.  I'm currently on vacation... shhhhhhh, tell no one you saw me.   When I get back, I'll get with staffers to see how best to do this.  The only thing about having a room where people could hue, and then you have to take them back if they weren't eligible for that hue... I don't like the whole thought of being the "Color Police".   Staff here is thin enough as it is.   But... I like the idea of a hue tub that the guildmaster or some official in the guild would control.

Never be less than your dreams.

Cpt_Starfox

1. Being under guild control = no scripting = we might can get it sooner  ;)

2. Being under guild control = less work for already busy staff  ;D

3. Being under guild control = guild leaders can give it to whoever they like be it guild members, guild friends, or guild allies, or whoever.

I also think VS, souls, or cash donations would all be good ideas for purchasing it. Vs and cash donations might be the easiest of the choices for new guilds started by new players.

GM Feenix

Don't forget  *!Limited Charges!*  that way there is a need for hunting for VS, souls, whatever to Recharge it. This will also keep the Guild Leader from "Painting the Town". Unless of course he or she is willing to foot the bill.

It's not who's at the top that matters. Only the path you chose to get there.

Alder Ogham

Limited Charges = scripting.  Does need doing though.... hmm.... I'll have a think.

Skynar

scrap the limited charges.
just make it expensive to buy.
Something a guild would have to pull their VS for.
and i think it should only be VS because it promotes  guild hunts for tons of vs to buy the thing