Sylvan's New Site Has Moved!

Started by Cpt_Starfox, July 08, 2009, 09:36:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cpt_Starfox

Yup, the Sylvan site is now at http://www.sylvandreams.co.uk/

Thanks Alder!  ;D

Please, take note of it and use it as a quick place to refer your friends to for help and/or information. We hope this helps players who are having general troubles as well as brings in more new players and new friends.  :)  Please spread the word!

Abbadon

Great work guys it looks good, however it would also be good to have a direct link to the shard site somewhere in the forums as well so that people dont have to browse through posts to get to the site.

GM Feenix

It's not who's at the top that matters. Only the path you chose to get there.

Caelan

That was the original name of the shard from way back when and that site, unless I am mistaken, is what we continued to use. I think Alder owns it. So, yes, that particular site has to stay that way.

Alder can correct me if I am mistaken or elaborate on it all.

Alder Ogham

Yeah, there's been various other people involved in buying domain names and all of them have vanished, forgotten passwords etc.

I only ever registered sylvandreams.co.uk at the time that Oak decided to "close" our little world down.  Unfortunately sylvanheart.co.uk and some others are now expired, which means that unscrupulous people buy them up and try to sell them back at an extortionate profit.

We do have sylvan-heart.com as well, I'm sure that the person holding that one will set up a redirect or transfer it to me to make that happen, so we will be able to use that soon as well.  One step at a time though.

Some other ones that are available (and I'd rather people here didn't just go buying them - we've lost good domain names in the past due to the wrong person owning them...) are :

Each of these domains is available for £19.95 for 2 years, and then something similar afterwards for the same period (inflation etc.)

Now, if anyone wants to stump up the cash, I will happily add any or all of these to my domain control panel and ensure that they remain "ours".  (note that since the Oak "episode", the forums have been up almost constantly and I don't let go of domains except to people who have rights to them -- in this case pretty much only Acacia).

Please don't just hit the donate button though - Marlenus does the hosting and donations for that go to him, I can provide my paypal address if people want me to do this though.

--
Alder Ogham

Admin Acacia

I am the person holding the sylvan-heart.com.   If some smert person out there tells me what to do, I'll get a redirect up.... Now, where did I put that damn password.....

Never be less than your dreams.