Welcome to the Jungle!

Started by Caelan, April 18, 2009, 08:05:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caelan

When I read some of the remarks in the forums made by discontented players, I can only wonder at what they hope to achieve.

I am not talking about valid points being made about something that has occurred. I am referring to wild rants that berate others and intentionally fail to disclose pertinent information as to why things happened.

Recently, Sylvan Heart has been bombarded by several posts made by a few disgruntled players. They have gone out of their way to try to discredit, threaten, and insult staff, as well as other players. They are even using messenger and voice programs and their own websites to communicate these tirades to others as well.

It would be easy for a new player or forum member to read these posts and come to the conclusion that Sylvan Heart is not a place worth playing. It's just as easy for regular players, who do not have access to the specifics, to form the same opinion. It is for them that I make this post.

Sylvan Heart is more then then the sum a few disenchanted players make it out to be. We are a shard of players and staff that value each other. We are not here to tolerate the behavior a few choose to engage in that diminishes the environment of the shard or debases others.

We are here to enjoy the game and the family atmosphere that has been created over the years. It is an outlet for many, a way to relax, and home away from home filled with friends we've grown to know and love.

We are not here to abandon the guidelines that this shard has used, since it began, in order to appease the objections of a few who apparently cannot coexist with others in an appropriate manner.

If you want to curse, berate, threaten, and insult people, cheat, use exploits, or obtain information from former staff members to acquire things, this is not the shard for you. If you want to ignore staff and make false accusations against them because you've been caught engaging in such activities, this is not the shard for you.

I, for one, would not continue playing on a shard if it held even a fraction of some of the claims that have been made against Sylvan Heart. I see no reason why players, who are obviously unhappy, would remain if the complaints they have stated held any truth. There are HUNDREDS of other shards out there that you can play on for free. Many have auto account creation. If you do not like playing on Sylvan Heart, and Sylvan Heart does not suit your needs, then maybe someplace else will.

For those of you who continue to play, and abide by the standards of Sylvan Heart without creating drama for the sake of drama, I thank you. You are the reason I remain here, not only as staff, but also as a player.

Abbadon

Well said Cael.

I for one, thankfully missed all this BS drama, but from what I can see from a 3rd party perspective, its just a bunch of, he said/she said/they said nonsense.

Its just a game.

The game is here to give us a break from the real world and have fun in another. When it comes to the point where you're logging in and stressing out about drama or w/e, the game loses its integrity. I mean why come from a high stress reality to another, just to stress some more?

In my honest opinion, I think the ban might have been a bit harsh, however I am sure the gms thought it through carefully and hopefully did not let hard feelings or biases affect the outcome of the decision.

We should always remember that there will ALWAYS be people who we dislike (personally I kinda like everyone ^^, whether the feelings mutual, I dont know). Despite this, we must respect each other as real people, all just trying to escape reality for that sweet bit of time to relax and enjoy the game.

So have fun and take it easy!

Caelan

Everyone has a right to think what they want, I suppose. But when you do not have access to all the information on a matter, it's difficult to draw an accurate conclusion as to why something occurred the way it did.

We do not ban players lightly, as Acacia will tell you. Banned players know what they did to get banned, staff knows what they did, and a decision to ban someone is made based on all of the information, not just bits and pieces.

Suffice to say, there is generally far more involved in banning a player then some would have you believe after a player has been banned.

Skynar

echo echo... so now lock this one too so it doesn't get out of hand LOL

Caelan