Pricing Guidelines

Started by Malik, August 17, 2013, 12:47:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should we have a meeting or forum to iron out some suggested prices for items?

yes
3 (60%)
no
2 (40%)
only for rares
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Malik

I'm not really sure how the polling system works but if you can add comments to it then please feel free to add items that you would like discussed (if we decide to hold a meeting) thing that I am thinking of right now are items like
- human soul
- human ash
- dark/light/white furs
- perhaps rare drops (not really suppose to discuss these on the forum)
- tameables

Of course any prices that are decided upon will only be a basic guide line and the final price will fall on the discretion of the buyer and seller. I just know sometimes I just don't know what to price an item for or to offer someone.

Vecchio

from what i can tell it will be hard to set a guide line for items because i have seen items jump so much its hard ive seen human ash back in the day sale for 50k or more and i bought some the other day for 5k and same with the hotl i paid 700k for mine and yet bought them for 10k now so i think it all depends on the times

Festus

wow how did this get bumped up.  someone must have voted I guess.
IMO since the player base is low and gold is freely available prices are high as heck.  New players really have no chance to obtain some nice items for quite some time as the drops are based on "LUCK" items and higher end mobs.  It takes time to be able to for instance run through Chaos for paragon drops.
It takes good equipment and augments on said equipment. 
I have been here a year now and Still have a very long way to go as there are many places I cannot go alone.  Alone is mostly necessary because of players online at certain play times and as most true vets have higher goals set than I do.  Also for players that haven't played this era there is a very steep learning curve for a time then it flattens at some point where its purely experience and trial and error.  (trial and error btw can be very costly)
In my opinion pricing items in a public  forum will only further the difficulty of building a competitive character and hamper the ability and attitude of New Players to Sylvan.
There is however no problem with players discussing pricing of items while ingame.