Yumi double Shot

Started by Rei, August 18, 2012, 09:43:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rei

I burn through mana like there's no tomorrow using dbl shot on the Yumi bow.  Question is when I'm low on mana I get 1 of 2 messages when using the skill. It says I either need 21 or 42 mana to use it.  Any idea why it give's conflicting mana requirements?

Foray

Last I knew, weapon special attack's mana requirements increase if you keep using the move back to back. It was meant as a way of preventing/ limiting people chaining specific attacks non-stop. This can be partially mitigated using mana leech...etc and also by spacing out attacks with auto attacks to break the chains up. I would guess the reason your getting different requirement figures back is because you are running out of mana at different parts of your current chain (because of casting other spells or getting drained of mana...etc), in other words on longer chains more mana needed, shorter ones less mana needed.

Rei

Good to know.  Was just wondering why it was giving 2 different numbers, thought it might have been broken like that one rune special ability.

Tal Lothian

Foray is correct, if used within a certain number of seconds of the last use the mana cost is doubled.