client.exe problem ? ?

Started by zeleska, June 23, 2008, 08:13:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zeleska

i went through the steps and  loaded the patchs the way it says to and changed the ip and port and i still cant get  it to show right  once i save settings and close it out to reopen and the  shard goes to patch it pops up with a     " client.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close we are sorry for the inconvenience "     what am i doing wrong ? ?   please help me so i can play  :(  i just want to play  *crys*

zeleska

this is how it is in my uogateway

Admin Acacia

It is so odd why some of these connection problems are popping up when all we did was change the IP address, but such is the price of technology, I guess.

Check this link and see if it will help you:
http://www.sylvanheart.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=48.0

Never be less than your dreams.

zeleska

i still cant get it to go    sigh

Admin Acacia

Maybe Marlenus or another more tech oriented person will toss in their ideas here.

Never be less than your dreams.

Teclis

I know this may sound silly, but check to make sure you don't have an extra space a the end of the ip or the port. We had one that attached even though we pasted adn copied directly pn my wife's puter.

Marlenus

Quote from: Berak Blackanvil on June 24, 2008, 02:29:07 AM
I know this may sound silly, but check to make sure you don't have an extra space a the end of the ip or the port. We had one that attached even though we pasted adn copied directly pn my wife's puter.

This happens.. A LOT!
The shovel does not actually hit the ground or the stone or the cave floor.. nor does the fishing pole hit the water. There is no spoon.. *puts on Matrix sunglasses*