Beauty

Started by Lukien, June 08, 2010, 12:33:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lukien

right, well ive always had a million thoughts running through my head, i think more than people realize, but sometimes im bored and think, and i often dont have a place to put my thoughts, so i figure here in the chit chat ill start talking about the things i think about, i dont care if you read, feel free to though

allright well here goes, beauty, such a sad thing (i am a depressing person sometimes, i find sadness everywhere be forewarned) anywho, this world is filled with beauty, if you take a moment you can find beauty in everything, and we always know beauty is there, i just think sometimes we need to be reminded to take a moment, i mean take a moment now, look at that paint on the wall you once found bland, there are a million tiny patterns within it that are never noticed, the grass, the clouds, the sky, the stars, the moon, the sun, beauty surrounds us, yet so many things are hidden by darkness, by pain, blurred by tears...as far as i know we have one life, i beg you, do not waste it with tears, the darkness will always be there, the only thing that changes is how you take it...dont let it consume you, its always there, whether you are sad, angry, happy...its always there, so do me a favor, take a moment each day, notice the beauty that exists, be happy, and please smile, because a smile is one of the most beautiful and contagious things in this world...

Yours Truly,
          Lukien

Cpt_Starfox

Thank you Lukien - you made me think about that and reminded me of a few things.

We can look at a pocket watch... so amazingly put together, such tiny gears so small it may take a magnifying glass to see the teeth, all those tiny parts working together in such amazing harmony performing the single function of telling time. Such a tiny thing able to tell about something as massive as the rotation of the earth on it's axis as it goes around the sun - simply amazing.

And still more amazing I take a look at a single living cell. To bring my thoughts to more focus, I think more specifically on one of my own small skin cells. So tiny... so very intricate! Just one of them made up of untold thousands of atoms each coming together to form highly complex molecules and proteins and those coming together to form the body of that single living cell the existence of whose own life we still can not explain or fully understand except to say that its life came from the cells before it. We can mesh all the parts together correctly but it would not be alive. How does it receive life? From the cell before it because according to the scientific law of biogenesis, life must come from life. But where did the life come from in the very beginning? All these microscopic mysterious living cells all come together, all work together, all function individually but as one for the single purpose of being my skin. And yet I once heard that we lose and re-grow thousands of them in just a short time. Can you imagine thousands of these tiny mysterious, highly detailed cells living and dying and multiplying as you read this? And if you think that's something, look at some of the other types of cells you have! What about your brain cells? I will not even begin to describe the unexplainable marvels of such cells.

And another thought comes to me - a thought of love and thankfulness. We know it would be ludicrous to see a pocket watch with all its amazing detail and tiny intricate parts and think that it just happened or that it somehow made itself or wound itself up. We know that a watch maker made such a thing.

In the same way, we know that a world maker made the world and "wound it up" and gave us life. Life from life and then later in time we know there was life given for life: His for ours. The very maker of all of this that we know and more... gave His life to save ours because we were failed and doomed. And we know that life goes on still, because He arose again to life, and so will we if we trust Him and accept His forgivness. It makes me so thankful and gives me such a great example of love. Good things to think on :)

Just my thoughts - thanks Lukien. It's good to stop and just take a look around once in a while and think on such things. I could go on... the Fibonacci sequence is another topic I'd love to cover, but I might leave that for another time hehe.