Shard on Backup Connection!!! ALL PLEASE READ

Started by Alder Ogham, March 07, 2007, 03:28:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alder Ogham

Due to a British Telecom issue in my local telephone exchange, the main server connection looks like it's going to be down for some time (Current estimate: 3 days at time of post).

So, here's what you need to do to alter your settings to connect via the backup connection :

In UOGateway, change the IP of the server to "sylvan.game-server.cc".  That's all :-)

I've added a new One-click link for those who want to do it that way too.

Danijo

well now i know i have a Problem   ??? i don't know how to do either one  :'( some one like to give me a Hint*

Ohtar

In the window in the top right corner of this web page there is a link, "One-click backup connection link". Click it and you should be(?) set.

Danijo

Ohtar

If you don
t know how to fix this the easy way, read Rithik's post about it. Just a quick copy and paste.

Mina

::) ::)    yay,   that one click thing sure does solve all the hassles,   stupid BT people,  grrrr

Admin Acacia

I just want to give Alder a tremendous THANK YOU for having the idea of getting cable connection as well as the DSL he did have.  We talked about it sometime ago and there was always that what if thought.  Now the what if has happened, and we can still have Sylvan to play on.   ;D

Never be less than your dreams.

Keloff Brenn

Well I tried the one click backup connection link, but i am still unable to connect.  :(  What will i do ??  OMG RL - nah I'll take a nap instead

todd0168

Yes, way to go Alder!  Thank you for preventing us from having to deal with RL all day long.   hehe

8)

Kydaer Shol

Isalentia

Thank you so much for keeping us up todate with such vital information. I would have thought immediately I was being blonde and not being able to sign in. hahahah :hugs: thank you friend!

Fangedwolf

I would like to offer thanks to Alder for having the foresight to set up the extra connection, sort out moving the shard over and get the shard up and running, not to mention hosting it in his spare room for all you gamers out there.

He does this on his free time and for no financial gain, and for the shard to have such a high priority in his life is a wonderful thing for you all, one that I dont think many appreciate enough.  I have seen other shards be offline for months on end because of similar connection problems.

Thank you Alder.

Keloff Brenn

:'( Even after all the hard work Alder has put into getting a way for us to play.  And making it so easy to get the backup connection done with 1 click. I still can't seem to connect.  Did I need to do anything else beside use the one-click backup connection link??

Sorry I'm not at all savvy about this stuff can barely get the puter turned on in the morning

Sir Ivor

*nods* I, too, would like to throw Alder a huge thank you for keeping the shard running even in times of ISP woe :).

Thank you Alder!