Forum Changes

Started by Alder Ogham, March 12, 2007, 02:06:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alder Ogham

In an effort to reduce the number of spam posts we've been getting, I have upgraded the forum to the latest edition and disabled guest posting and required an activation email...

I've had people be asked to turn cookies on, even though they are... seems that the answer is to clear your cookies if you get that problem.

I've also added a new theme and set it to default, a bit nicer than the default.  This can be changed in your Profile to another theme if you don't like the new one.

If none of them take your fancy, jot me a PM if you can find a nicer one at : http://custom.simplemachines.org/themes and I might remember to get round to grabbing the one you like.  I won't install ones that require source mods or things out of the ordinary, though.

Cidran Falastion

I love this new look. :)

Great job!

"In the end we will conserve only what we love; we will love only what we understand; and we will understand only what we have been taught."

Baba Dioum

Jazmyn

Looks great.

Thanks

~Jaz~

lana

I like the new look, it seems to have an over problem kinda thing going on like to say hey you know you want to post and read something on here..  made me look twice when i was setting my computer up in the bedroom to play uo tonight two thumbs up!!!! ;D

Damira

I likes the new design... I've always thought the old one was... ordinary.

Now the forum has a bit more identity. Kudos!

Cearbhalyn

cant say if I like or dislike the changes yet, hehe made me remember a password I havent typed in for months :), and roses arnt my things...trying the pagan one since its nice and green. However, I did notice that the pagan one does NOT have the quick links box at the top of the page for the daily/weekly voting. Told my wife and she said yes its there, but she is using the rose version, and it is absent here. Anyway, thought you should know :), Thanks for the time though :) to try to get rid of the spammers.

it also keeps giving me a template error when changing pages quite a bit, like when trying to post this. I went back to the input screen and it said a message had been posted and I should read it before posting. It was the post I had just posted and got the template error about.

Anyway...bugs happen....have a good one.
I may not agree with you, I may argue and completely disagree with you. However, I will support and fight for your right to state your views and opinions. It is only through the exchange of ideas that learning, and growth are achieved. Arguments and debates are opportunities for growth.

Valius

Hmm, I'm not keen on it to be honest.

For some reason, it won't work with firefox on this machine (I get a cookie error, even though I have them enabled and have never had issues with it).

Aesa

I use Firefox and have no problems with the new look, but it's too dark for me and hard to read.  I need a brighter background to see so I'm using a more generic layout.

I changed to the Pagan theme and I also lost some of the links at the top, but the others did not seem to lose those links, Dubhly.

Miri

Valius, hun... that's the problem Alder was referring to..
Clear your cookies and it should work fine ;)

todd0168

Love the new look!  Again, Alder, you are amazing.  Thanks so much for all you do!

8)

Admin Acacia

*grumbles*  I have to sign in my account name and password everytime I go to log in, though I have it set to stay logged in forever.

Never be less than your dreams.

Fangedwolf

Quote from: Admin Acacia on March 12, 2007, 04:26:14 PM
*grumbles*  I have to sign in my account name and password everytime I go to log in, though I have it set to stay logged in forever.
I had this problem, but fixed it.  I found my link to the website was still set to sylvandreams.co.uk.  Once I changed it to sylvanheart.co.uk my cookies worked fine, and my settings stayed.

Deedlit

I like the new forum,though it's a bit dark as Aesa said :)

Roses are beautiful but now it takes a lot of time to load >_<

In game:

In game no more.Goodbye.

Admin Acacia

Quote from: Fangedwolf on March 12, 2007, 06:22:19 PM
I had this problem, but fixed it.  I found my link to the website was still set to sylvandreams.co.uk.  Once I changed it to sylvanheart.co.uk my cookies worked fine, and my settings stayed.

Yay! It worked, Thanks Najaal!!    I didn't even realize it was set for sylvan dreams.

Never be less than your dreams.

Lognarak

Congrats on the new look. Not my kinda thing, but if you're happy, I'm happy :)

I do have a suggestion about the Username box, the white on yellow is difficult to see. Unless you did this as an extra-high security thing, I'd go black on yellow or something similar.