Changes 16th July 06

Started by Alder Ogham, July 16, 2006, 04:38:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alder Ogham

• Runic Sewing Kits and Fletchers Tools now upgradable in the Transmution boxes
  • Porcelain now convertable to Obsidian in the Transmution boxes - 1 arcane gem and 100 porcelain creates 100 obsidian.  Also works with different amounts - 1 arcane gem and 30 porcelain returns 30 obsidian, 5 arcane gems and 480 porcelain returns 480 obsidian. :-)
  • Fixed a [moveitems bug
  • Rewards now set to an interval of 90 days instead of 30
  • Occlo and Lake Shire added to public moongate

Admin Acacia

Never be less than your dreams.

Kimo

I was one day from 120 days!!!!  :'(   Boo hoo 
I was waiting for 120 days!

Valeria

Nice, now that I have been here for 372 days i cant get the top rewards :)
Sweet, only 360 more days.

Jager

Can i ask why the Vet rewards were changed?

Personally i really dont like this change..... Can we have a shard vote on this?

Or was the times changed because new and better vet rewards have been added to the list?

Jager

Admin Acacia

You know, you all whine about everything.   Yes, we were planning to change around the vet rewards, try and come up with better, more special rewards.   I know some player shards where you wait 6 months, before you get your choice of 2 really stupid rewards, then you wait 6 months to get another choice.

I will also say I look at aged accounts ever single day. I delete accounts ever single day.  Nothing like going to the house of an account where the person was here a whopping 60 days and he has a front porch full of rewards.

You like 'em every 30 days, you can have them ever 30 days, and I won't sweat about getting more special items in the list.

Never be less than your dreams.

Vankessy

is it 200 charge for 50charge of higher lv for sewing kit?

Valius

I'd personally support the alteration to rewards as long as the rewards were useful and desirable, such as millinary tools that can be used without tailoring/magery, but perhaps has limited uses?

Miri

I personally don;t see why everyone is whining about it... but that's just me :)

Eldarace

well i think the delay for vet rewards is a good thing as it saves the admins from too much work deleting all unused items- giving them more time to work on things for those of us how stick around for things other than rewards - like having fun

Jager

Aye. I dont have a problem if the rewards are changed around. But i had not known that such a change was gonna occur.

Jager

Damira

Rewards? Hmmm, you mean we are rewarded for staying on a shard? Oh, like I can't satisfy myself with playing on the best shard around, having a great RP storyline going on, knowing that a dedicated staff is working hard to set everything up, even though there has been some obstacles along the way, nad having fun with a good playerbase...

But perhaps putting some of those rewards in auction by the staff would be a good idea?

Heimdall

*looks up and sees....as usual, immediate whining and moaning......followed by, "what? you're looking into actually having decent usable rewards instead of the deco and semi-useable ones?....Oh, maybe I should have asked first, not moaned, there was probably a good reason for the change, maybe the staff weren't just doing it to mess us about".

Alder was making a load of script changes anyway, so it makes sense to put it in now.  If we put in the new rewards before the month changes, there is a risk of possible exploit, so it's been done this way.  If anyone thinks they were hugely messed around by it, then well, we're sorry but we're trying to improve your gaming experience here.  I believe from listening in, that the people most affected were those who were saving up their rewards to hog more at a higher level, well, yes, those players will, I'm afraid have lost out on some deco, but when weighed against the improvements we're trying to bring in, those longer serving players will have the best choice of the new useable rewards once they're sorted out, so have no fear.

Please guys, try to be more constructive/questioning in your posts.  Immediate whinges really don't make the staff feel all warm and fuzzy and it certainly doesn't encourage us to keep giving our time to trying to improve the shard and the community.  Trust me on this one......we continually try to improve your time here, we don't bring in changes to try and mess you about in any form.

Cearbhalyn

Quote from: Valius on July 16, 2006, 09:42:39 PM
I'd personally support the alteration to rewards as long as the rewards were useful and desirable, such as millinary tools that can be used without tailoring/magery, but perhaps has limited uses?

You know Valius there are some of us CRAFTSMEN ;) that can use those tools easily and are more then willing to use it for you at a fair price. Of course they could get rid of the requirements and put us more out of work :) ( insert appropriote comment and rant about modernization ruining craftmenship etc...)

ANd Hey :) I didnt whine :)...and I am a professional Whiner :) hehe ( post note... Ok...well I didnt whine about the GM changes... I did whine a bit here about Valius comment, but at least not the GM's :)...)

Personally Thank you for taking my suggestion about the gem boxes.... I hope it helps the item counts and helps the shard.

And Alder..... Thank you very much for your work :) and dont forget you owe me a exploding episode sometime :).....
I may not agree with you, I may argue and completely disagree with you. However, I will support and fight for your right to state your views and opinions. It is only through the exchange of ideas that learning, and growth are achieved. Arguments and debates are opportunities for growth.

Valeria

I regret posting my earlier post, its not like I used any of my 24 rewards anyway, besides change is inevitable.
Keep up the good work Staff.