Razor Error with Weird Symbols

Started by Moxy, September 15, 2009, 04:08:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moxy

So when I try and connect via UOgateway Razor will not load.  I know from reading the 15 other posts on this forum that this isnt an abnormal occurence.

However I've followed all the aforementioned steps...Dot Net 2.0....Razor 1.0....Setting UOgateway in the 2 different spots to load Razor.  Properties>Compatability>Win98/ME Load as Admin....No Success.

All that being weird enough, not only is it not loading, the only error message I am getting is a weird little symbol that sort of looks like a stick figure and then a ">". 

I've tried reinstalling Razor like 5 times I cant get it to work, and I'm so spoiled with razor now that I hate playing this game without it.
Please, any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Moxy

Kalif

only found razor works with 1.0 .net framework. perhaps that could be the issue. if u have any higher then version 1.0 of .net framework uninstall it. sometimes it gets updated with windows update

Jager

I hadn't heard about the .net greater than 1.0 issue. That could be it, but not sure. I myself haven't had a problem and i am running all versions.

How about this, can you launch Razor by itself and log into the shard?

Jager

Moxy

I got this resolved awhile back Jager, I had to switch to the 1.1 framework and everything worked fine from there. I was using 2.0 by mistake.

Moxy

I used this post by spy to help resolve the issues, if anyone else is looking for more in depth instructions.

http://forum.sylvandreams.co.uk/index.php?topic=4880.0