Weird dream... Hidden meaning?

Started by Emayecue, October 01, 2012, 12:57:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emayecue

I had a really strange, but entertaining dream last night, and I needed to share it with some people and try to see if anyone could think of a hidden meaning behind it.

Basically, one day I was not feeling very well, so I decided to go see a doctor and he prescribed me some medication. I take the pill, and then I go to sleep. When I woke up, I was in 2007, but fully aware that I come from 2012. Now the first thing that crossed my mind was my father, whom passed away this year. For some reason I decide to go see my mom, which had a picture in remembrance of my father. I was just afraid that my father would go there and see the picture so I dashed there. I did not manage to hide the picture, because my father showed up too early, but he was not one to really notice things, so he never saw the picture and decided to just go to sleep.

Then I decided to go visit where I work. For some reason, I was not working that day, but I managed to get in touch with my co-workers that were working at the time. After a little bit of fooling around, I decided to try to explain to one of them, that I actually come from 2012. No matter what I did, he could not nor wanted to believe me, understandable, even after I showed him the pill container that I had that was written the date given as in 2012. After that it was a bit unclear, and it was time to actually wake up (in 2012) again.

So yea, I thought that was really really strange, yet quite interesting. Does anyone have thoughts on this? Any dream psychology pro's here?

Festus

Its not uncommon that someone will have a dream and a deceased father,mother, sister or brother will pop in.  I think is our way of keeping in contact to some degree with someone we love and miss.  I know in my case its not often but once in a while my dad will pop into a dream but it seems he never holds a key roll in it.  
So, having said that I think your father being in the dream was a means of letting you see him again which and then your dream went on to something else.  Your work.....Is it often frustrating that your co-workers wont listen to an idea you have?  Is there something you really want them to know about but maybe you dont tell because maybe you either dont know how to tell them or you dont think they will believe what you have to say?  Think hard.  Dreams usually have something and current in them.  Something that is in the back of your mind and maybe even unconciously something you worry about.

My opinon and very unproffesional.   LOL

*edit*
i just ran into this.  ah ha
(you wrote in "work rant"

For the last two weeks or so, everytime I show up at worm our server crashed and we have to wait one or two hours before being able to do anything  even just going on internet. It is extremely irritating and feels like a huge waste of time.... just needed to vent as i am wastjng precious moments of my life at the moment...

Emayecue

Interesting :)

The fact of my father being there does not really surprise me. What is more surprising to me is that it was in 2007 that I went back. It could have been in the middles ages or what not other era, with my father being involved and I would not have made a case out of it. But 2007, that just sounds weird, and strange to me heh

Lucian Darkfire

Maby somthing important happened in 2007 that you want yourself to remember :-D