Hunting Etiquette

Started by Fangedwolf, July 24, 2006, 07:06:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fangedwolf

Hunting Etiquette

It has recently come to my attention through a turn of events in game, that not everyone is told about, or listens to advice about etiquette when out and about with others.  Due to this, I decided to note down some of the things I learned about etiquette on the shard and let people add or discuss them, as I think its an important part of the game, and not doing it only leads to bad feeling and trouble between players.

When Hunting

• If you want to go hunting in a group, it is a good idea to organise this before hand and remember to party up so that everyone in the group gets the fame/karma from the kills, those that helped kill the creature in tokuno or ilshnear have a chance of an artifact, as well as everyone being able to loot.

• If you are hunting alone or in a group and come across another hunter or group that got to an area before you, it is polite to leave them to the area and find somewhere else to hunt unless you are invited to join their group.  Its rude to muscle in on an area someone is hunting in, and deprives the original group from the kills they were getting to.

• If you are hunting, it is considered even worse to attack something someone else is fighting (unless they ask or need your help). By fighting something when not in a party, if you happen to make the killing blow (even if they have done all the work) the kill is technically yours and you get to loot without being criminal, while the person who did do most of the work would get criminal if they tried to loot it.  This is extremely bad form.  This also has the possibility of affecting the giving of artifacts as well.  However if they do require assistance, its always nice to give the person you are helping the loot and atones from that kill afterwards.

When Looting

• When hunting in a party, it is wise to decide before you go out, what will happen with the loot and atonements. This stops any agro over looting during the hunt and keeps things friendly.  I generally find getting everyone to loot and atone during the hunt then selling it and splitting it equally between members afterwards is the best way.

• If you come across any auguments, paragon chests or artifacts, it is wise to distribute them equally amongst those in the group. If there is an equal number just getting one each etc, or rolling the dice for them also works.

• Never ever loot someone else’s kill, unless invited to do so.  If two unpartied people kill a creature, it is good form to split the loot equally or discuss who gets what. Do not merely take it, in my opinion that is stealing.